Koodo Community

Community

Solved

How to unlock phone for use overseas? Was said I didn't neet to.

Hi there, while I was in Canada for the last year I had a Koodo plan including a phone. I quit the plan and kept the phone, which I will have to pay for with the next bill. Now, back in Germany, I have to realize, that OPPOSING TO WHAT I WAS TOLD IN THE KOODO SHOP I cannot use my phone with my German SIM-card here. It sais"SIM/RUIM is Perso locked". Can anybody tell me what this means and what I can do to unlock the phone? Anybody a phonenumber of Koodo in Canada I could call to get help? Thanks a lot for your help! Britta

7 replies

Userlevel 7
You just need to have your phone unlocked. Since you're not with koodo anymore, you'll have to find a third party like Cellunlocker.net or gsmliberty.com They will provide you a code to unlock your phone for a fee
Hi Chad, thanks. I still am with Koodo, well, the plan was cancelled for June 10, but I still have to pay the last bill incl the phone once I get the last bill. So there is still a customer-provider relation, I would say. I am especially wondering since I went to a Koodo store (in a Futureshop) and asked whether I could use the phone back home in Germany (where I am now) and they said I shouldn't have any problems. Any idea how I could contact koodo on that issue before giving your links (thanks!) a chance? Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Britta Baums wrote:

Hi Chad, thanks. I still am with Koodo, well, the plan was cancelled for June 10, but I still...

See if you still have access to your self serve account. You can request the unlock code from within self serve or click contact us and use the email link to contact koodo. The phone number to call is also there.
Britta Baums wrote:

Hi Chad, thanks. I still am with Koodo, well, the plan was cancelled for June 10, but I still...

Hi Chad, I already tried all this before I decided to post here. I cannot unlock via self serve, only via the customer service for $35. BUT: the phone number doesnt seem to work. Any idea how muhch the links above charge for unlocking?
Userlevel 7
Britta Baums wrote:

647-788-4337 outside of Canada You can try putting your imei into the other websites. You'll get a quote before you have to pay.
Britta Baums wrote:

It worked now. Thanks. Hope the others would have been more expensive or even. After all it's unlocked now.
Userlevel 7
Britta Baums wrote:

I'm glad I was able to help you! Enjoy Germany!