Koodo Community

Community

Solved

How to set up international roaming add-on from UK?

Hi, I want to set up the "ALL40" add-on in the UK. I didn't set it up before I left Canada, and now I'm unable to send any text messages...but online it says to text "ALL40" in order to activate the plan! Is there another way to activate? 

I have an LG G4 and I have enabled both international voice and data roaming. 
Thanks! 

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Kristen, here's a link to a previous question asking exactly this that should help. Enjoy your trip and have a great day. https://community.koodomobile.com/koo...
Hi Paul- thanks, I saw that question, but I don't see any way of adding the package online. Self-Serve still requires a text activation (as the other poster also pointed out).
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Does this one help https://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/new-self-serve-how-to-turn-on-international-roaming
Worth a try, but no. They've substantially changed their website since those screenshots were taken. I think I've looked through the website pretty thoroughly, but I'll keep trying. Might call Koodo if we can't find a solution here. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Kristen wrote:

Worth a try, but no. They've substantially changed their website since those screenshots were tak...

Not sure if this will work as it still utilizes the old self serve but you can try it.
Login to self serve, click View Rate Plan, scroll to the bottom and beside Five Essentials click View, click Add Five Essentials, then you're given the list of add-ons as shown above and can add either the International Combo $40 or International Text $15.

Again, if that doesn't work you can send Koodo a message via facebook and I'm sure they can add it for you.
Kristen wrote:

Worth a try, but no. They've substantially changed their website since those screenshots were tak...

That worked!! Thanks! Seems like a pretty convoluted way to get to it though...I hope they find a better way to access the "long list" of add-ons through the newer website. 

Anyway, I'm all set- thanks again. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Kristen wrote:

It is a bit as it's part of the old self serve. I will flag it with them and see if there is anything that can be done or what the reasoning is behind it!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Make sure you have the $0 Pay-Per-Use Intl Long Distance add-on as well.