Koodo Community

How to see different calendars in HUAWAI Calendar (Huawei 20 Pro)

• 8 February 2019
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 2
Hi,

I've searched high and low ... so here is the thing:

I have several gmail accounts and yes I see all of them in Huawai's stock calendar app. So far so unnecessary.

However, the way that I manage my different appointments is by creating them under various sub-calendars in my main google account (mainaccount@gmail.com - work, mainaccount@gmail.com - play, etc.) When I am in the stock app I can't assign these subcalendars to new appointments and I can't make previous appointments show up.

Any ideas?

Thanks so much.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Id just get the Google calender app and disable the stock app.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.calendar&hl=en_US&referrer=utm_source%3Dgoogle%26utm_medium%3Dorganic%26utm_term%3Dgoogle+calendar+app&pcampaignid=APPU_1_WfxcXPb1LMTm5gKIoITQBw
Userlevel 2
Yes, I thought of that, but I am trying to reduce the number of apps I am installing AND .... it drives me nuts that I can't figure it out.

:D

Thanks, though.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yes, I thought of that, but I am trying to reduce the number of apps I am installing AND .... it drives me nuts that I can't figure it out.

:D

Thanks, though.

@Sang-gye Buschmann well, since Huawei's is actually the "extra" calendar, and completely unnecessary since Google has a fine one available, I would still suggest you make an exception to your general policy and switch. This is why I still prefer manufacturers like OnePlus, Moto, or Essential, whom all put very light skins and typically only add when and where it makes sense. But I'll get off my soapbox and just suggest you go to the Google Calendar and carry on living. :)

That said, if you insist on sticking with the Huawei bloatware, maybe try the Huawei support community? http://support.huawei.com/community/?l=en Just a thought.
Userlevel 2
Thank you ... especially for the link to the Huawai support community.

As luck would have it (and thanks to time made available by a FB hiatus) I managed to get the functionality going. Unfortunately, I can't exactly say WHAT I did (I tried so many things), but it happened right after I did what you and Allan had suggested: I removed Huawai's calendar and moved Google Calendar in it's spot. However, I then noticed that I couldn't see the subcalendars for my main account there either. After I had activated synching for this subcalendar in the Google app, it became visible in the Huawai app as well. (At least, this is what I believe to be the causal structure for the events ).

The whole calendar business is utterly annoying ... now I've been trying to switch off the holidays and while one set of holidays is gone (what is Google thinking, that I need a listing for Canadian Holidays for each of my email accounts?????? And Groundhogday - a Canadian Holiday?????) I am still left with one .... I am close to kicking all calendar apps to the curb and beginning to carry a paper calendar again ..... ;)

Sang-gye
Userlevel 2
This is why I still prefer manufacturers like OnePlus, Moto, or Essential, whom all put very light skins and typically only add when and where it makes sense. But I'll get off my soapbox and just suggest you go to the Google Calendar and carry on living. :)

Oh yeah .... and as soon as the above mentioned companies (who were my preferred choice as well) provide decent cameras on top of good battery life, I'll be the first to grab one of their machines. (I would have done OnePlus, but it was just too expensive).

So, now I get of my 'Poor Me - the world is unfair and cruel'-Box and carry on living and enjoying my really, really, really nice Huawai ..... 😛
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
And Groundhogday - a Canadian Holiday?????) I am still left with one .... I am close to kicking all calendar apps to the curb and beginning to carry a paper calendar again ..... ;)

Sang-gye

From CTV: Canada's celebrity groundhogs have "predicted" an early spring after officials declared the pudgy prognosticators did not see their shadows.
Ontario's Wiarton Willie and Nova Scotia's Shubenacadie Sam were both greeted by cheers as their forecasts were issued by their handlers on Thursday morning.
Userlevel 2

And Groundhogday - a Canadian Holiday?????) I am still left with one .... I am close to kicking all calendar apps to the curb and beginning to carry a paper calendar again ..... ;)

Sang-gye

From CTV: Canada's celebrity groundhogs have "predicted" an early spring after officials declared the pudgy prognosticators did not see their shadows.
Ontario's Wiarton Willie and Nova Scotia's Shubenacadie Sam were both greeted by cheers as their forecasts were issued by their handlers on Thursday morning.

Thanks for making sure I didn't miss this ground(hog) breaking piece of information.

😄
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
(I would have done OnePlus, but it was just too expensive).

@Sang-gye Buschmann P20 Pro is $1,050 outright through Koodo or $1,129 through Amazon Canada, while a OnePlus 6T ranges from $719 - $839 Canadian.....
Userlevel 2

(I would have done OnePlus, but it was just too expensive).@Sang-gye Buschmann P20 Pro is $1,050 outright through Koodo or $1,129 through Amazon Canada, while a OnePlus 6T ranges from $719 - $839 Canadian.....

Nope ... you should talk to the guys at the Koodo Kiosk ... I paid less than 500 for it. (Tax in)