Koodo Community

Community

How to keep same number on a new upgraded phone

I bought a new prepaid phone how do I activate it and keep the same number on my old phone ??

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Very simple, Tracey, just insert the SIM card of your old phone into the new one. If it's a different size SIM, you may need to buy one and activate it in self service.

Your account, number and all other information will be exactly the same 🙂
Sophia wrote:

Very simple, Tracey, just insert the SIM card of your old phone into the new one. If it's a diffe...

New phone came with sim card old one doesn't fit but how do I keep my same number ?
Sophia wrote:

Very simple, Tracey, just insert the SIM card of your old phone into the new one. If it's a diffe...

So all I have to do is go into phone services activate new sim card and my minutes and phone number stays ???
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sophia wrote:

Log in to pre-paid self-serve. Click on the [b]Phone services tab. This will open a new page;  select the [b]Change SIM Card tab. On the next screen, enter the number of the new SIM card that you will use in the new phone and the deed is done.

You may have to reboot the new phone for the change to take effect.
Sophia wrote:

Thanks so much appreciate the help