Koodo Community

Community

Solved

How to dispute $10 charge for over data by only a few mb? (7mb to be exact)

I recently went over my data by 257 mb.... I understand for every 250mb its $5... but 7mb.... [b]I'm being charged a full $5 more... total of 10$... and because its the end of my billing cycle I cant use it to my advantage... How do I dispute the charge without calling KOODO and getting charged for their phone assistance?!

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You have to call Koodo to dispute your bill. They don't charge you for that. *611 from your Koodo phone

But they can charge you overage even if it was 1mb over.
I know it's only 1 mb , 3mb or 7mb and I don't like/want to pay if it was that so small amount...

When you call cs, talk to them nice and calmly. If this happen first time, you might get lucky to get your charge waved(there is no guarantee tho)
Userlevel 5
You won't be charged for calling about a billing dispute
Userlevel 7
I'm going to try this at the gas station
Userlevel 5
Chad Burr wrote:

I'm going to try this at the gas station

It's only good for .02 IF you pay cash 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You only get charged for calling in when it's something that you could've handled yourself via Self Serve (unless Self Serve isn't working properly). That being said, I'm not seeing any basis for dispute. You acknowledged that you exceeded your monthly allowance.
Userlevel 5
I sucks, but it is in the contract and maybe they cut you a break, for a first time. Don't know till you try. Good Luck