Koodo Community
Question

How to change time before calls go to voicemail on a Samsung S9?

This must be a common problem but I searched the forum and couldn't find a solution. Can anyone tell me how to change the amount of time before calls go to voicemail on my Samsung S9?

This topic has been closed for comments

18 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Here are the instructions for how to adjust the timing though: (for android phones, although step 2 will work on any device)

1- Dial *#61# on your device. It should say something like this: Call Forwarding Voice: +########## after XX seconds The "+###..." is the number that calls are forwarded to- write this down. The "XX" is the amount of time a caller has to wait in seconds.
2- Dial **61*+##########*11*XX# with "+###..." being the number you wrote down, and "XX" being the new amount of time. Note that the amount of time can only be increased/decreased in 5 second intervals, i.e. you can enter "15" but not "26". You should get a "Network Message" saying something like this: Call Forwarding Registration was successful
3- Everything should now be set up! You can check by dialing *#61# and seeing how much time the caller has to wait, or calling the device and seeing how long you wait until voicemail.
Robert, thanks for answering my question. When I dial *#61# it does run a MMI code and I get a window that says "call forwarding when no reply" with 8 possibilities, Voice, Data, Fax, etc. After each is says "Not Forwarded". Unfortunately there is no numbers of any kind anywhere. So even though is says "Voice: Not Forwarded", my voicemail works just fine.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert, thanks for answering my question. When I dial *#61# it does run a MMI code and I get a window that says "call forwarding when no reply" with 8 possibilities, Voice, Data, Fax, etc. After each is says "Not Forwarded". Unfortunately there is no numbers of any kind anywhere. So even though is says "Voice: Not Forwarded", my voicemail works just fine.
Dialing *#61# gives me the same message.
Were you able to extend the number of rings though?
No, I still don't know how to change the number of rings 😞
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
No, I still don't know how to change the number of rings :(
Use step 2 that he suggested.
If your phone number was 902-555-1234 and you wanted it to ring for 25 seconds you would type in.
**61*9025551234*11*25#
Thanks, I will give that a try and report back later today.
Tried **61*mynumber*11*15# but it still takes ~30 seconds before my voicemail picks up. Any other ideas?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Tried **61*mynumber*11*15# but it still takes ~30 seconds before my voicemail picks up. Any other ideas?
Woops my bad, I believe you need your voicemail number not your number. You should be able to find this in your phone settings.
For me, I click on my phone app, more settings, voicemial, voicemail settings, voicemail number. That will be the number you put in.
If you cant find it let us know what kind of phone you have and we can give you some directions.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Weird. For me the way to shorten or extend the ring time is *61*NUMBER**XX#+SEND where XX is the number of seconds and the NUMBER is your phone number
I found the number for my voicemail and tried what Allan M suggested.........didn't work. Tried what Dennis suggested, also didn't work. The phone is a Samsung S9.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Oops i missed an asterisk

**61*Number**XX#
Dennis, just tried again with the extra * but it didn't work 😞
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
What happens when you press send after you enter that combination?

How do you know it's not working? Are you testing it?
After I press send I get the following message
" Call forwarding
when no reply for All Basic Services
Connection problem or invalid MMI code"

Yes, I am calling it with another phone to test it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
For some reason the short codes are not working. Let me flag this to a rep for you
Userlevel 2
Hi there! Let's clarify a bit the algorithm needed to get the amount of time changed, as you need!

Please, try this option: *004* Voicemail Access Number ** Timer # SEND.

Where the Voicemail Access Number is composed out of the first 6 digits (starting with your area code for the province) of your own phone number followed by 4001.

Let me know if it worked! We re here for you! 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi there! Let's clarify a bit the algorithm needed to get the amount of time changed, as you need!

Please, try this option: *004* Voicemail Access Number ** Timer # SEND.

Where the Voicemail Access Number is composed out of the first 6 digits (starting with your area code for the province) of your own phone number followed by 4001.

Let me know if it worked! We re here for you! :)

Note: if the VM number currently showing on your phone is different from the above, use the one from your phone.