Koodo Community

Community

Solved

How to block out of country calls?

On my bill this month I had $8 worth of long distance charges. I tracked them down in my usage, and there were two calls (1 minute and 7 minutes) with out of country numbers for a total 8 mins ($1/min). 

I paid the bill, but I didn't make these calls (purposefully). I assume they must have been pocket dials or picking up a call from an unknown number or something. This could get very expensive very fast. $8 on a $33 phone bill is pretty significant. 

How can I make sure this doesn't happen again? Is there a way to block incoming calls from foreign numbers? Can out of country calls be disabled all together? 
icon

Best answer by Robert T 4 February 2016, 22:53

Hello Mark.

Personally, I don't know any method to block call from outside of Canada. The only way would be to block individual numbers. If you answer an international call you won't get charged for taking the call. As for pocket calls, unless you have international contacts you text to, the chance you dial a good international number are slim. You could add a passcode so you don't pocket dial anymore! 

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello Mark.

Personally, I don't know any method to block call from outside of Canada. The only way would be to block individual numbers. If you answer an international call you won't get charged for taking the call. As for pocket calls, unless you have international contacts you text to, the chance you dial a good international number are slim. You could add a passcode so you don't pocket dial anymore!