Koodo Community

Community

Solved

How to add a new user profile to Nexus 4 Android 4.3?

Hi, I've found several instructions online saying to go to Settings > Users But I don't have a Users option in Settings How can I add a new user profile to the phone? Thank you 🙂

5 replies

i'm pretty sure this is a feature only available on tablets right now but hopefully comes out for the phones soon, i've seen it mentioned in a forum somewhere a little while ago. this article mentions it: http://www.androidcentral.com/how-use-android-43-
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
vaaeermina wrote:

i'm pretty sure this is a feature only available on tablets right now but hopefully comes out for...

That's correct it is indeed only available on tablets at the moment but Google is thinking about brining it to phones as well down the line and leaning towards doing so.
Ok thank you for the reply Any suggestions for sharing a phone? My wife uses it while I am at work and we are trying to set up IM to communicate while I'm at my desktop (happens to be mac) The issue now is that when she sends me an IM using gtalk, the phone receives the message into my account
i'm not sure if this would work but I think whatsapp runs on android and mac os now, you could maybe each make your own accounts and IM that way. or something like Skype could work.
Yes fair enough, was hoping to use Apple Messages on my end, but that may be our solution If we could sign out of one of the google accounts at least then we could probably make it work, but it seems you can't do that either at this point... only remove the google account