Koodo Community

How to activate VoLTE on Google Pixel 2 XL? - Not showing up in Network and Internet settings

• 26 February 2021
  • 4 replies

I keep getting warnings that my device (Google Pixel 2 XL) does not have VoLTE activated in the network settings, and that I will lose reception come March when Koodo switches everything to VoLTE.

There is absolutely no mention of VoLTE present in any of my device settings. 

In Network and Internet settings, nothing saying VoLTE is appearing, and when I search the entire settings (a function on android phones) no options are showing up if I search “volte” in the settings search bar.

I have “LTE (recommended)” selected as my “Preferred network type”.

Is my phone totally not going to work with VoLTE?

Thanks for the help!

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The pixel 2 isn’t on the list of VoLTE supported devices with Koodo network https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/volte That could be the reason why you don’t see the option anywhere in the device.

Yeahhhh I saw that ;(

I’m just wondering if I’m officially screwed with this device, cause in that case I sort of have to switch to another provider as I’m not in the market to replace my phone just yet.

Any one else with a pixel 2 XL having similar problems?

Cheers and thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yeahhhh I saw that ;(

I’m just wondering if I’m officially screwed with this device, cause in that case I sort of have to switch to another provider as I’m not in the market to replace my phone just yet.

Any one else with a pixel 2 XL having similar problems?

Cheers and thanks!

Found this from another thread: "If you find yourself in possession of a device not covered in that list, it doesn’t necessarily mean you won’t have any service, but rather that it may be inconsistent, i.e. you may experience reduced indoor voice coverage, but data speeds should remain unaffected."

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I found this on the website as well:

"Am I going to lose all services?

No, your HSPA phone will still work but it might not work in all the places that it does now. The loss of service could be particularly noticeable while indoors. There won’t be any change to the LTE network."

I would wait and see how it continues to work. If it goes to crap then you can look into getting a new phone or switching providers.