Koodo Community

Community

Solved

HOw to activate a new phone/SIM on an existing account?

just bought the new Google phone through the self service, as I am a monthly custumer. This is a new phone for an existing account. I got the phone here, popped in the SIM  card. Now how to I activate it? I have 3 lines in my account and the line that this phone is for is greyed out and I don't have the option to activate the phone. My other 2 phones do have the option. Help!!
Also my old SIM and new SIM are not the same type.

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Did you buy a new SIM card? Then you still need to activate it in self service - you will need to punch in the long number in self service and then you'll be able to use your phone with the new card 🙂
Sophia wrote:

Did you buy a new SIM card? Then you still need to activate it in self service - you will need to...

Thanks Sophia - I've tried, but I can't find where. I see it with my 2 other phone numbers (it goes to the old Koodo page), but when I try the phone number that I want to change, it brings me back to the area where I have to chose my number. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sophia wrote:

Did you buy a new SIM card? Then you still need to activate it in self service - you will need to...

It's a pain part of changing your phone through self serve if you have multiple lines. 
You have to do same process twice...

Log into self serve > scroll down the page and Change phone > Pick right number on the top right of the page (if you have multiple line) > And yes, you see overview page again > scroll down and click "Change phone" again > then it should show you the page you can start change.

You can see what is your current phone on that page, so you don't change SIM card on different device by mistake.

start change > enter new SIM number as Sophia said.
Restart your phone once it done. 
Sophia wrote:

Thank you Mayumi and Sophia! That worked! you are both amazing! 
Sophia wrote:

Apparently feature is no longer available via self-serve. When you click the option it tells you to visit, call, or message on Facebook.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sophia wrote:

@ Deborah 

Yes, it's correct. 
We use to ba able to do it through self serve. But now,you have to contact Koodo if you want to swap/update your SIM.
I don't like it. I want to do it when I want/need it through self serve for my convenient.
I hope they will bring this feature back soon.
Sophia wrote:

how do i contact them on face book, ive been trying to for a while at https://www.facebook.com/messages/t/Koodo but i get no response

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sophia wrote:

It's not a live chat. You should get a response within 24 hours.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sophia wrote:

@Brian: The facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/Koodo/) is not a Live chat. You would have to wait till someone replies to your inquiry.
Sophia wrote:

yes

Sophia wrote:

frustrated will go to Telus

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sophia wrote:

Hi Miriam.
We hat is your question?
Can you start new post with some more information? https://community.koodomobile.com/koo...
Sophia wrote:

You realize Telus owns Koodo, right Miriam?
Sophia wrote:

I have a new phone and new SIM card, when I put it into my phone and sent to self-serve to enter the new SIM number, it says SIM card is already in use? Any idea what’s going on? Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sophia wrote:

Does your phone work with new SIM in?
If so, your SIM is already activated.

Did you buy it as a new or upgrade?