Koodo Community

Community

Solved

How much will I get for trading in my phone?

With the current phone trade-in going on, how much do you think i would get for an HTC One V? It's one year old and in perfect condition.

21 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi there Derek... Best bet would be to go directly to the Koodo shop and they will tell you if there is still value on your phone...
That's the plan. Just hoping someone might be able to give a good guess, or have done the trade already.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can use this tool to get some sort of idea. It isn't a Koodo tool but a best buy one but it should be somewhat accurate of an estimate http://tradein.bestbuy.ca/bb/QuoteCalculatorCellPhones.cfm?Brand=SAMSUNG&Model=NEXUS%20S
Userlevel 1
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

You can use this tool to get some sort of idea. It isn't a Koodo tool but a best buy one but it s...

Ha Ha Ha, and ouch. I just checked my previous phone that I still have at home, a BB Curve 9300, in perfect condition, and the estimated value... Wait for it... $15 ouch...
cool, thanks!
From when I traded in my htc one v less then a year ago, I got about 100.00 for it. Keep in mind that some phones will drop in value the older they are or have been on the market. Hopefully you will get at least 75.00 for it. Also keep in mind that when you trade in your phone you have to use the cash for strictly accessories or towards the price of a new phone.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
robidoux.alcide wrote:

From when I traded in my htc one v less then a year ago, I got about 100.00 for it. Keep in mind ...

I don't think he'd get $75 as that's what a pre owned one costs from koodo
robidoux.alcide wrote:

From when I traded in my htc one v less then a year ago, I got about 100.00 for it. Keep in mind ...

I think the $35 the best buy site gives is probably the best bet.
Userlevel 1
robidoux.alcide wrote:

I was just in best buy web site. I noticed for price they give, the phone must be unlocked and set to 123 at least for galaxy series
Gotta love it... $64 for the HTC Amaze 4G... Should get more than that easy off of Kijiji....
Userlevel 7
Marcel in O-Town wrote:

Gotta love it... $64 for the HTC Amaze 4G... Should get more than that easy off of Kijiji....

That thing is already better than the One V and the Ace II X combined LOL $64 is a slap in the face.
Userlevel 5
Marcel in O-Town wrote:

L O L
LOL. gotta love big store price values Trade In Estimates: -Galaxy SIII - $182 "New @ Telus $650" -Galaxy Note II - $350 "New @ Telus $730" -iPhone 5 64GB -$296 "New @ Telus $899 "
Userlevel 6
Hello Derek, I just checked the value of your phone if everything is in condition. With Koodo you would get $40 for HTC ONE V. Hope it helps in helping you decide.
Erwin wrote:

Hello Derek, I just checked the value of your phone if everything is in condition. With Koodo ...

Thanks. I ended up selling it on Kijiji for $75 and getting a Z10. Traded in my older Sony Xperia Pro as well.
I didn't even know they were doing this. I'm about to upgrade m Blackberry to the Samsung Galaxy Ace IIx. Now when I go In I'll have to ask them about the trade value of m Blackberry. Thanks for asking this, otherwise I would never have known 🙂
Tracy Bateman Prince wrote:

I didn't even know they were doing this. I'm about to upgrade m Blackberry to the Samsung Galaxy ...

dont get the ace 2 x
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Tracy Bateman Prince wrote:

I didn't even know they were doing this. I'm about to upgrade m Blackberry to the Samsung Galaxy ...

No need to reply on posts marked answered or especially that are 8 months old, thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I wouldn't trade my phone. It's not even close to being a good deal. $80 for a Lumia 800 that I ended up selling for $200. $100 for a Galaxy Nexus I sold for $220.
Userlevel 5
Hey There Derek! being an employee at the Kiosk Im able to check its worth $10 ...
Userlevel 1
Something like cars. Drive it over the side walk. When back wheels touch the road, kiss 30% of the value, good bye. A disheartening little fact of life.