Koodo Community

Community

Solved

How much are late charges per month (%)

I cannot access my Self Serve. My boyfriend can access his account on my and his computer, but cannot access mine on either. I think I forgot to pay my bill at one point, so I had to pay double a few days ago, and then a new bill came in today with how much one month could be. I do not think they would charge me double, even without a warning text (I did not get one from the month before). I know this is my fault for not paying on time, I just forgot I was not on direct debit for this. I just want to know how much late fees are per month, so I can make sense of this all. 

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Late payment charges are two percent per month (26.82% per year) on your total unpaid amount, Liz. If you wait too long your line might get suspended and you'd have to pay a $35 fee to reenable your account. So really the fees are not that bad if you pay soon 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I believe that the late payment fee is interest on the outstanding amount at the rate of 26-27% per annum. You weren't charged double just the last month o non payment carried forward. You'll probably owe a dollar or two in late fees.