Koodo Community

Community

Solved

How many years until I exchange my Samsung galaxy s2 into a iPhone?

I would like to exchange my Samsung galaxy for an iPhone but I don't know how many years until I'm capable of doing that or if I even can.

6 replies

you can upgrade to any phone anytime you want too, all you have to do is pay off the remainding balance on your existing tab and start a new one!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
No tlee you can't pay off your tab balance without cancelling your account that's not possible. .However you can upgrade any time you just pay whatever cost of the phone that won't fit on the tab you choose. You have many options with Koodo's new tab structure and if you visit a kiosk or retail partner they will be able to tell you all your options as we don't know what plan you have and if you are willing to change plans to take more off the initial cost of the phone, also how much you still have owing on the phone. Once you upgrade then no matter what your tab will be completely paid in full after 24 months but right now it is dependent on how much you have owing on your tab and how high your bills are as to how much koodo takes off your tab amount owing each month. So it could take you another 3 years if you have small bills each month. It's best to upgrade now then like I said your guaranteed to have paid for the phone tab in full in 2 years.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You could max out your tab in a month if you want to. Just drive across the border and watch a movie on netflix over your 3g connection. Probably not how you want to go about it though.
Userlevel 6
All this confusion that customers are having about when or how to change their phones is simply further proof that plan and subsidy need to be separated at birth, IMHO, just like it's been mentioned a couple of times already.
Some random Mobile Master wrote:

All this confusion that customers are having about when or how to change their phones is simply f...

Let's not kid ourselves here. It's been like that from day one and it's because people are so used to be restricted on fixed term contracts.
Userlevel 6
Some random Mobile Master wrote:

All this confusion that customers are having about when or how to change their phones is simply f...

Yup, you're definitely right about that. And it simply reinforces my post 😛