Koodo Community
Solved

how many sim cards in samsung a70?

• 21 October 2019
  • 3 replies

Hi guys,

I am planning to buy A70 from Koodo and I saw that some resources say that Canadian version of A70 comes with 1 sim instead of 2 as advertised on Samsungs web-site. Do we have any owners here that bought it from Koodo that can confirm that A70 has 2 sims?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by BobTheElectrician 22 October 2019, 00:43

Dual SIM models are typically for the Asian market. Frequency tuning may be different. You can often get detailed variation specs on GSMarena.com.

Normally only one SIM has access to data. Designed for employees using a work SIM (billed to the employer) and a personal line as well (billed to the employee).

Pretty sure any North American version will have only the one SIM. The dual SIM market is not popular enough here to justify doing specific firmware and possibly sacrificing that second slot’s SD card capability.

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi guys,

I am planning to buy A70 from Koodo and I saw that some resources say that Canadian version of A70 comes with 1 sim instead of 2 as advertised on Samsungs web-site. Do we have any owners here that bought it from Koodo that can confirm that A70 has 2 sims?

Thanks

I have the A70 and it has a single sim tray with one sim slot and the other an Micro SD card slot so single SIM

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Vova Samsung CANADA’s site lists A70 as single SIM.  https://www.samsung.com/ca/smartphones/galaxy-a70-a705/

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Dual SIM models are typically for the Asian market. Frequency tuning may be different. You can often get detailed variation specs on GSMarena.com.

Normally only one SIM has access to data. Designed for employees using a work SIM (billed to the employer) and a personal line as well (billed to the employee).

Pretty sure any North American version will have only the one SIM. The dual SIM market is not popular enough here to justify doing specific firmware and possibly sacrificing that second slot’s SD card capability.