Koodo Community

Community

Solved

How long to register a new device on the Koodo network?

I bought an S4 at about 5:30pm today. It still hasn't accessed or registered on the Telus network so no cellular access. Wifi is working though. Should it take this long?

7 replies

Has nothing to do with the device, did you get a new SIM card? Should of been active instantly, you will have to call koodo first thing in the morning when they open.
PZABOY wrote:

Has nothing to do with the device, did you get a new SIM card? Should of been active instantly, y...

ok thanks. i guess i will go down there since i can't call anyone. yes, it was a new sim
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
PZABOY wrote:

Has nothing to do with the device, did you get a new SIM card? Should of been active instantly, y...

Postpaid should activate instantly. Prepaid can take up to 24hrs for your device to become activated but usually between 1-6hrs is normal. Try while the phone is on take out the battery and SIM Card for a minute or so then replace them and try again
Userlevel 1
It can be the device ... it's possible. my brand new iPhone 4S from apple store had to be replaced the next day when i first got the phone a year. It connected to the network for like 5 minutes ... then it was "searching..." for the network for the rest of the night. I tried restarting the phone, restarting the network, etc. Nothing worked. I went back to apple store the next day and one of the geniuses tried too but didnt work ... so, they replaced my phone to a new one and it worked like a charm!! 🙂
Userlevel 2
Hey Katie, were you able to get everything up and running? ________________________ If you see a good answer, give it a star.
MykeC wrote:

Hey Katie, were you able to get everything up and running? ________________________ If you se...

hi, thanks for checking in. yes, i did a sim pull and that sorted things out.
Userlevel 2
MykeC wrote:

Hey Katie, were you able to get everything up and running? ________________________ If you se...

Great Katie! Enjoy 🙂 ________________________ If you see a good answer, give it a star.