Koodo Community

Community

Solved

How Long Does It Takes To Unregister a SIM?

I cancel service on one of my Koodo lines, now I want to reuse the SIM for another account, but I cannot register the SIM.   I have waited 24 hours since the cancelation of service to try and reuse the SIM, but the system still say it is in use. 

So, how long does it take for a Sim to become unregistered?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It is not possible to register a SIM to a different number. Depending on the situation, you might have been able to complete a transfer of ownership of the account to another owner, but once an account is cancelled, the SIM becomes valueless.

David wrote:

It is not possible to register a SIM to a different number. Depending on the situation, you might...

It say the SIM is "In USE" when I tried to register it again.  Is there no other way to use it again other than transfer or ownership?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
David wrote:

It is not possible to register a SIM to a different number. Depending on the situation, you might...

At this point, transfer of ownership is no longer an available option. That step was needed before you cancelled the account to which the SIM was formerly attached.

At this point, your only option is to obtain a new SIM from a Koodo point of sale.
Userlevel 4
David wrote:

no, a SIM is one time use only. once you cancel your account, you also cancel that SIM.