Koodo Community

Community

Solved

How long does it take for a new phone/sim to be activated?

I bought the phone on small tab on Thursday. Got the phone on Friday evening. Only received 2 emails: order confirmation, tracking #.
Tried creating self serve account, says my customer # is not a valid koodo account #.
Inserted the sim into the phone. No signal.
Tried to call customer service, was on hold for 2 hours before hanging up.

Posted a question here and was basically told to wait for activation email and message koodo via facebook/twitter.

24 hours later. No email. No reply from twitter. Tried calling customer service again, hung up after 30 minutes of hold.

I know it was Black Friday but it's getting ridiculous. Any chance of getting my phone activated before Monday?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Only by taking the steps you have already tried. There is no magic procedure to spreed the process.

So how long is the wait for the new phone to be activated?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
moon jo wrote:

So how long is the wait for the new phone to be activated?

You should be up and running. 
Count yourself lucky, I ordered Thursday as well and mine isn't shipped as of yet.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I just did a SIM swap, activating a new SIM Card early last week and it took 24 hours just to get Koodo to respond to my inquiry and that was before the massive amount of requests Koodo is having with these BF sales so I'd expect another day or two before they even respond. It sucks but seems to be something you have to deal with if you want to do anything near these mass sales if you decide to take advantage of a great deal they have at the time.