Koodo Community

Community

how long does it normally take to hear back from Level 2 support?

I am having problems getting service on my LG G3.  Spoke to support earlier and it was escalated to Level 2 support.  Does anyone know how long it will be before I hear from them?  Not having my phone is very inconvenient.

22 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I would expect same day or within 24 hours.

Did you have service on your phone before?
Thank you!  I always did....minimum of 3 or 4 bars.  Since last night I occasionally have one for a very brief time.  Have tried everything.  I am lost without my phone....lol.  My only contact now is my home phone and I will be away tomorrow for a doctor's appt so my fingers are crossed they call back today.  Do they work regular hours or 24/7?  
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Karen Campbell wrote:

Thank you!  I always did....minimum of 3 or 4 bars.  Since last night I occasionally ha...

They work regular hours.

Have you tried to take out the sim and battery (if removable) for a a few mins and then put it all back and try again?
Karen Campbell wrote:

Thank you!  I always did....minimum of 3 or 4 bars.  Since last night I occasionally ha...

sure have!  went through many things with Level 1 support and since none of it worked that was the reason to escalate to Level 2
Karen Campbell wrote:

I was really hoping for some sort of resolution today in case I have to go to their store tomorrow since I will be in town.  If I don't hear back from them today, and I need to go to their store, it is a 45 minute drive from my house and I don't go to town everyday
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Karen Campbell wrote:

That's a bummer. I don't know what will happen if you go to the store without them calling you. Maybe they could resolve your problem anyways...
Karen Campbell wrote:

The only problem with that is it will probably work great there.....and not here....lol

Karen Campbell wrote:

I called them again and I have now been told it will be at least 1 to 2 days before I hear from them!!  I don't know about anybody else but it my opinion this is totally unacceptable!  I cannot believe that it will take more than 2 days to talk to someone in support to tell me if there is a problem with their system here or it's my phone!  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Karen Campbell wrote:

Do you have another Koodo or unlocked phone to test it with (even a friend or family member's phone)?
Karen Campbell wrote:

I will shortly when my husband gets home.  If his is working fine that would mean it's my phone right?
Karen Campbell wrote:

My husband is home and he has no service on his phone either so it is not my phone it is the system right?
Karen Campbell wrote:

Koodo's response is "can't do anything until they get back to me within 72 hours"!  I cannot believe that they think this is okay
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Karen Campbell wrote:

Could be an issue with a tower in the area.

When you are outside, does the signal improve to how it was before?
Karen Campbell wrote:

nothing outside either.....no change
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Karen Campbell wrote:

If you look at the coverage map, are you within Koodo's 4G coverage?
http://help.koodomobile.com/coverage-long-distance-and-travelling/coverage-maps
Karen Campbell wrote:

I have been for the last 4 or 5 years

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Karen Campbell wrote:

Ok if you checked on the coverage map and you shows you are covered, then you really have 2 options to reach Koodo at this point:
1) Wait for Koodo's Level 2 support to get back to you
2) You can also private message Koodo on Facebook or twitter and they may be able to check things out for you a little faster
Karen Campbell wrote:

awesome!  Thanks Dennis!
Userlevel 1
Karen Campbell wrote:

Hi Karen! 

I verified your account and it seems that you've contacted our service today regarding the investigation being done by Level 2 Tech Support. I know that the situation is far from being ideal, please understand that in order to investigate the root cause of the problem and address it accordingly a few days might be required.

If you have further questions, please let us know! 
Karen Campbell wrote:

Thanks Alaa,  I just wanted to let you guys know that it is not just my phone that it appears to be a problem with the network and thought that should be known to those looking into it.

I look forward to hearing from someone as soon as the situation can be resolved.  The sooner the better!

Thanks again.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Karen Campbell wrote:

If your phone works elsewhere, though not at your home, you can call forward your home phone to your cell while you are out. Just remember to return it to normal on your return.

Karen Campbell wrote:

very true....forgot about that....thanks David