Koodo Community

Community

Solved

how is my new sim card already in use?

I got a new phone, but kept the same number. The new phone required a different kind of SIM, and I went into a koodo kiosk the other day to get it, and I assumed he put a new SIM in there, but when I try to input my SIM on the site it says it's already in use. "Sorry this equipment (SIM card number) is already in use." I don't get it. Maybe the guy didn't put a new SIM card in, but that wouldn't make any sense.

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Have you tried placing the sim in your phone?
Chad Burr wrote:

Have you tried placing the sim in your phone?

Yeah, I'm using it right now.
Userlevel 4
Can you make calls from the new phone?
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

Yes. And I can text
Userlevel 7
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

Okay the sim is in it and it's active. Enjoy
Userlevel 7
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

You don't need to "change sim" cards on self-serve if it's already active in your phone. enjoy! 🙂
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

Oh really? Hahahha well, this is embarrassing. Okay, but how come I can't use data then. I changed plans and aSsumed that because my SIM wasn't validated on the site (which apparently it is haha) that it was the reason why I can't use my data?
Userlevel 4
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

Is the data turned on within the phone?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

Is there a data block on the account?
Userlevel 3
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

is 3g enabled?lol
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

Yes, the data is turned on, but says that it's disconnected. And I'm unsure of whether or not there's a data block. How do I check that?
Userlevel 3
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

Also, try unplugging the battery and sim card while the phone is turned on and try again.
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

Yeah, I already tried that.
Userlevel 3
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

You've exhausted my resources I'd contact tech support from another # other then the cell phone you're having an issue with. Explain to them what troubleshooting steps you've taken so far once you call.
Userlevel 7
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

You check it by going to self serve and looking at your plan and add ons, look for data block. Also check settings...wireless and networks...more...mobile networks...access point names Make sure koodo.sp is selected
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

I'm not seeing any data block on my accoynt. I've looked everywhere. I'm really unsure of what to do. I think I'll just call support
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

Got it all figured out! Thanks for the replies guys, I really appreciate the quick response. Apparently I just didn't have my apn set up, so now it's all sorted.