Koodo Community

Community

How does the wireless charging work for the LG G6 and does it work in Canada?

How does the wireless charging work for the LG G6 and does it work in Canada (Alberta)? I want to upgrade my phone but I don't see much info available on this feature.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Devyn, The G6 that Koodo sells indeed has wireless charging. To use wireless charging you need a QI wireless charging pad and you simply lay the phone on the charging pad and it begins charging. Keep in mind that wireless charging is much slower than wired charging. You also need to set the phone on the charging pad within a certain area as the wireless charging point in the phone isn't the entire back of thr phone it's in a certain area of the back of thr phone but once you get use to it you'll know exactly where to set it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
And yes it works in Canada and everywhere else in the world!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

And yes it works in Canada and everywhere else in the world!

Robert I think she meant do Canadian modes have wireless charging because some do and some don't, North America gets wireless charging and no higher rated DAC and Asia gets a higher rated DAC but NO Wireless charging.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Some background on wireless charging:

http://www.qinside.biz/en/support/what-is-wireless-charging

Basically the phone has a control unit and coil inside the back case that line up with a similar arrangement in the base charging unit. For it to work well, the coils must be aligned as closely as possible.

Things that will help: avoid any unusually thick accessory case; take the trouble to find the sweet spot when aligning; use a good quality power brick (min 2 amp).

Your charger and phone can be used with any compatible QI device in the world.