Koodo Community
Solved

How does billing work if you use the basic dataplan

what about using a laptop to connect to a desktop using a product like TeamViewer assuming all update turn off on the laptop using the hot spot created by the android phone. I don't have a special data plan but my plan says $5 for 0 to 25MB $10 for 25 to 100MB $15 for 100 to 300 etc. is that per month totals or for each connection made, so connect for 5Mb today next day same so i would be billed for $10 or would it be Billed for $5?

2 replies

what about using a laptop to connect to a desktop using a product like TeamViewer assuming all update turn off on the laptop using the hot spot created by the android phone, would usage be less or way more.
Userlevel 7
Alright, The data plan you have is for monthly totals. Adjusting automatically for the amount of data you use in a month. If you used 25mb in the month, you will be charged the 5$, if you use 100MB in the month, you will be charged the 10$. When using TeamViewer, your data usage will skyrocket. It is continuously sending and receiving instructions and video from the remote device you are accessing. If you are using it to access a website, email, etc. Use it directly from your phone. Hope this helps!