Koodo Community
Question

How do you change whos name the phone is under so that person can start paying for the bills themselves

So my sister bought me a galaxy ace about 2 yrs ago using koodo tab and she has been been paying my monthly bills ever since. She pays for it automaticlly from her TD bank chequing account. We have recently decided to put the phone in my name so i could start paying the bills from my TD bank chequing account.I was just wondering how we would go about doing this, Do we have to call them can we just do it online?

12 replies

Userlevel 4
For this, you would need to call Koodo to have the change done. Your sister would need to call first to give the permission for you to take it over. You would then have up to 10 days to call Koodo to complete the transfer. There is a $25 fee that would be charged to the new account. Any balance on the old account would stay and cannot be transferred. The tab would be moved over to your account assuming the credit check with you goes well. You would need to provide your address, date of birth and one or all of the following; credit card, driver's license, and/or SIN number. SIN is optional as it is illegal to demand that number.
Userlevel 4
For this, you would need to call Koodo to have the change done. Your sister would need to call fi...You can reach Customer Service at 1-866-99-KOODO (1-866-995-6636) or 416-279-8811. Hours of Operation •Monday – Friday: 10am - 9pm •Saturday: 9am - 7pm •Sunday: 9am - 7pm
For this, you would need to call Koodo to have the change done. Your sister would need to call fi...Thanks a lot, I will do this asap. Just to make sure is this how it works. The current amount due is $83 and that will have to be paid for by my sister with her bank account before i could take over Then i would be charged the $25 transfer fee which will be paid by my bank account And now the account would be under my name and the following bills will be paid for by my bank account and not hers and the $75 tab that is remaining will also be in my name
Userlevel 4
For this, you would need to call Koodo to have the change done. Your sister would need to call fi...You are correct. One thing I forgot to mention, make sure there is no past due balance on the account in your sisters name.
For this, you would need to call Koodo to have the change done. Your sister would need to call fi...Right now there is a past due balance of 43 since somehow last month was a $103 bill and we only paid off 60 and my monthly bill is around 40 so thats why the amount due is 83 , so we just pay of the past due balance first?
Userlevel 4
For this, you would need to call Koodo to have the change done. Your sister would need to call fi...Yes. make sure all past due is cleared on Koodo's side before any transfer is started. The system will not allow the transfer if there is any past due balance 🙂 Bank payments take about 3 - 5 business days to process completely.
Thanks a lot, I will do this asap. Just to make sure is this how it works. The current amount due is $83 and that will have to be paid for by my sister with her bank account before i could take over Then i would be charged the $25 transfer fee which will be paid by my bank account And now the account would be under my name and the following bills will be paid for by my bank account and not hers and the $75 tab that is remaining will also be in my name
Userlevel 1
Demeko, you got it. Just remember that the $25 fee will show up on your first bill of the new account.
Demeko, you got it. Just remember that the $25 fee will show up on your first bill of the new acc...Ok thanks, Just wondering can you make manual payments to pay of your tab quicker or do you just have to wait till you pay it off with the 10 % from each bill? And there is a koodo booth in the local mall , what features does that offer?
Userlevel 1
It's all based on the 10% deduction from the bill. You could use more of your service and incur a bigger bill and more would be taken off that way, but that's it.
Oh i see that kind of sucks because right now my bill is like 40 a month so thats only like $4 of the tab each month which means like 2 more yrs at this rate
Userlevel 7
Oh i see that kind of sucks because right now my bill is like 40 a month so thats only like $4 o...Getting that $4 every month can kind of be considered like free money. The longer you're with Koodo, the less of a tab you have to pay when you cancel. And you can switch phones at anytime regardless of having a tab or not so it doesn't "cripple" you. There really are no benefits to paying off your tab before you actually cancel