Koodo Community

Community

Solved

How do I upgrade my phone and plan on a promo online

I'd like to purchase the LG G5 through the online promo for $0. My tab is clear. I need to upgrade my plan to receive the promo. Should I upgrade my plan in self serve first then order the phone? I added both the new phone and the plan to my cart and purchased however it did not recognize that I have an existing account and has billed me for a new SIM card which I do not need. The purchase was also not recognized within my account and my plan has not changed. I am confused as to the steps I should have taken and how to move forward. 

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
When you add your phone to cart, it should give you the following screen to login online

Right, and I selected 'Get a new Phone' and followed the subsequent instructions. It still didn't register to my account, but yet I have a confirmation number for both phone and plan. I think I should cancel the plan and try again through Self Serve but I'm not sure if that will work to receive the promo. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Lindsay wrote:

Right, and I selected 'Get a new Phone' and followed the subsequent instructions. It still didn't...

When I click on Get a new phone I had to sign into my account.  If you did that then you should be good.  The online phone order and self serve are not integrated so I dont think you would see your order on self serve.  it would be a great idea though.

Check your junk folder to see if the email went there.  But from reading on the community you are not the only person who has confirmation email issues
Lindsay wrote:

Right, and I selected 'Get a new Phone' and followed the subsequent instructions. It still didn't...

I have the confirmation email and everything. I guess I just expected it to show up on self serve. The customer service lady didn't see anything either. So do you think I should just cancel the plan I ordered and upgrade through self serve? I also emailed about cancelling the SIM card and am awaiting reply. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Lindsay wrote:

If you got the confirmation email, then everything should be good.  Do you remember the sign in screen after you clicked on Get a New Phone under the Im a Koodo Customer area?
Lindsay wrote:

Not offhand. I may have already been logged in though. I just went to re-try ordering (but did not complete the order) and it didn't ask me as many questions as it did the first time after I logged in. It also did not bill me for a SIM card that time.  I think I need to chat with Webstore and maybe they can change things from their end. I'll need to cancel the 40$ plan and upgrade from self serve as well as cancel the SIM card. Or maybe I should cancel the order altogether and re-order. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Lindsay wrote:

I would contact the webstore.  Tell them you may have ordered the phone and plan as a new customer but you are actually an existing customer upgrading.  They can make the best decision regarding amending the order or canceling and re-ordering.

Koodo Webstore:If you need assistance with an order you placed online at koodomobile.com, contact the Koodo Webstore team at koodo.webstore@koodomobile.com or 1-844 566-3697. Please have your order number handy.
Hours of Operation:
  • Tuesday to Friday: 3pm to 9pm EST