Koodo Community

Community

Solved

How do I upgrade my phone?

I purchased an Iphone 5c about 2 years ago, and finally it has given up on me.
The screen went all black and has since not been able to turn back on.
Which as now resulted me into looking to upgrade to a new phone but i wish to not get another iphone in fear of this happening once again.

My tab type is : S
My tab balance is : $63.03

I am interested in upgrading to the new LG G3
How would I go about doing that? and how much would I most likely be paying?
Would I have to go into a store or is possible to do it online?

Thank you so much!

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The retail price of the g3 is $410. If you have a positive tab balance of $63, that drops the price to $347. You can put some or all of this balance on your tab. It will then be paid off in 24 equal instalments added to your monthly bill. The more you pay up front, the less you will pay as a tab charge each month. In theory you should be able to do this online, however since you are on the older version of the tab, you may need to call in or visit a koodo store to switch you over.
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

The retail price of the g3 is $410. If you have a positive tab balance of $63, that drops the pri...

Okay, thank you so much!
This is really helpful.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It is unusual for an iPhone to quit so suddenly. Have you tried a complete reboot by holding down the sleep button and Home button simultaneously for a few 10's of seconds?   You may have to try more than once to get a reboot.

(I bought a 3Gs in 2009, which is still in use!)
David wrote:

It is unusual for an iPhone to quit so suddenly. Have you tried a complete reboot by holding down...

Yes, i've literally tried everything and it just doesn't turn on.
I've plugged it into my computer and all I get is a beeping noise every 5 seconds it sounds as if its being charged.
I've told people to call me but it goes straight to voice mail.
It's just totally unresponsive.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Also if you are interested in upgrading to the new LG G3, why not to the LG G4?  Check their activation credit on it. 
https://www.koodomobile.com/phones/lg-g4
Userlevel 7
Yeah I would definitely recommend taking a newer model at this point. The G3 was released in August 2014 (Fido/Koodo/Virgin around February 2015), so it's already almost a year and a half old, which means it won't be updated much longer past Marshmallow. The G4 is a nice improvement over the G3.