Koodo Community

Community

how do i unlock samsung galaxy a5

I called koodo yesterday to unlock samsung galaxy A5. The tech had me completely  reset phone to factory reset?? I gave him the IMEI number. He gave me a code that doesn't work. Said he had to send a message to tech dept. promised to call back at 2pm next day as I am in the states without a working phone.Called  me 2 hrs late with no resolution. I asked to speak to a supervisor and have been on hold for 47 mins and counting.. so frustrated. I googled the issue and I believe I need a Master unlock code first as we tried too many times to unlock, then try the unlock code....urrrgggg I have used this 3 years in a row and no issues until I upgraded to A5 this past summer.. Now a nightmare.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Cindy did you get this straightened out yet?
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

No.. they stated that there is a glitch with my new phone.i need to wait until I return to Canada to send it back to Samsung for repair...

I need unlock the cellphone.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If it won't work o line in self-serve still, then you can send a private message to Koodo via Facebook Messenger or DM via Twitter with your phone's IMEI and you'll get the unlock code.

Do you have a Koodo account? Is so, unlock it through self serve. If not you're going to have to contact them to unlock.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Here's how to unlock it via SS if you don't know how: 
https://www.koodomobile.com/help/unlocking-your-phone

351575070229186 unlock cell phone
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Click on the link I posted above and follow the steps. Posting your imei number here wont help. Also note that this is a public forum.

Posting that here wont do you any good. Message them on Facebook or Twitter with that info might get you somewhere.