Koodo Community

Community

Solved

How do I turn data off, but keep receiving mms?

Have a Moto G. But no data as a part of my plan, so only use wifi- but I need to be able to send and receive photos in text for work. Is there a way to block my data(ie apps from updating or turning on) but still receive photos? Walk my through it!

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Nope, Best bet is to be connected to wifi before turning data on for mms sending.
Userlevel 7
Yeah I already tested this on my Moto G, and it works too similar to a Nexus device to edit APNs manually. I wish there was another way around this but that's just how HSPA phones were programmed. They're designed to use data. Try finding an alternative method of sending a photo, like BBM, FB message, WhatsApp, email etc. Those can all be done on WiFi
Userlevel 1
Do you have Google talk you may do a soft reset turn off Google text if you ask me is dumb go all through this just like a computer wen works will not grrrr I hope this helps
Userlevel 4
I'm ikaros fan wrote:

Do you have Google talk you may do a soft reset turn off Google text if you ask me is dumb go al...

I didn't quite understand what you said...
Userlevel 1
I'm ikaros fan wrote:

Do you have Google talk you may do a soft reset turn off Google text if you ask me is dumb go al...

Can someone supply a translation for this?