Koodo Community

Community

Solved

How do I remove flight mode description?

Whenever I put on flight mode this pops up and it's annoying me!! when i search videos about flight mode on youtube I don't see the people getting this pop up before the icons pop up to turn on/turn off...I basically want to get rid of that, and just for it to show the turn on/turn off icons...i don't need this description pop up every time. Is there a way to disable it?? I have a Samsung Galaxy s3

9 replies

Userlevel 3
There's no way to get rid of this. I'm assuming it doesn't pop up for apple iphones but it always does for Androids. I could be wrong on this but some assurity would be great.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Rocky Balboa wrote:

There's no way to get rid of this. I'm assuming it doesn't pop up for apple iphones but it always...

I can confirm it doesn't pop up for Apple devices!
Rocky Balboa wrote:

There's no way to get rid of this. I'm assuming it doesn't pop up for apple iphones but it always...

I believe that is a part of Samsung's TouchWiz UI. Each android manufacturer puts their own unique spin on the android software. I have never gotten this prompt on my Nexus 4.
Rocky Balboa wrote:

I'm not sure if this is the same thing I have.I have a Samsung Galaxy lll and I noticed a plane icon. ThenI get a messsgmessage thst says disable flight mode but I don't know where to this ? ( Sorry about the small I after "then" ..my phone^ keyboard wouldn't let me put a space!?!)
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Rocky Balboa wrote:

Maybe from the notification panel when you scroll from the up to down? If not try this? http://support.bell.ca/Mobility/Smartphones_and_mobile_internet/Samsung-Galaxy-S3.how_to_turn_airplane_mode_on_and_off_on_my
Rocky Balboa wrote:

I actually found mine settings and then more networks...I don't know how it got turned on ..maybe when they put the new SIM card in.
The videos I searched on Youtube is flight mode on samsung galaxy s3, the one video i seen the person was in the states (at&t i think), don't know if that would make a difference? but when the person went to enable flight mode the enable flight mode description didn't pop up like what i'm getting it just went straight to the icons to enable or cancel flight mode.
Userlevel 3
As far as my understanding I have a Samsung Galaxy s2 and it gives me this prompt automatically.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It does NOT show up on ALL androids, just Samsung Androids running touch whiz But rocky is right that its not removable