Koodo Community

Community

How do I pay off my tab on my CURRENT bill (not wait until the next bill) and get my phone unlocked?

How do I pay off my tab on my CURRENT bill (not wait until the next bill) and get my phone unlocked? The self-serve indicates the tab will be payable on the NEXT bill. If I can pay it off on the current bill, can I unlock the phone? Do I call Koodoo directly and will there be a charge since it's supposed to be free as of Dec 1st. I am travelling overseas next Friday (11/24) and want to use a local SIM card.  Thanks

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If it's been 90 days you should be able to select to pay off remaining balance in self-serve. Is there any particular reason that you want to? It doesnt cost you more as it's like a zero interest loan. You can have it unlocked right now I believe. Koodo has started unlocking free early. You'll need to contact Koodo directly. You can send a private message to Koodo via Facebook Messenger or DM via Twitter to get it done.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Are you cancelling your account?
I also tried to pay off my tab, but it wouldn't allow me to do it now. The message was that it will be paid in the next billing cycle. I have had my account for much longer than 90 days, so that wasn't the issue.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
ns wrote:

I also tried to pay off my tab, but it wouldn't allow me to do it now. The message was that it wi...

Paying off your tab is always on your next bill.  You cant pay add it to the current bill, because the current bill has already been finalized.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ah yes so that's how Koodo does it. It's considered paid off for the purposes of status within your account but the actual remaining tab is put onto your next bill to be actually paid.
I'm not cancelling the account. I just thought I had to pay off the tab to be able to unlock the phone. I don't have my own Facebook account but I have access through someone else. Is there no other way to request unlocking other than via Facebook?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Seema wrote:

I'm not cancelling the account. I just thought I had to pay off the tab to be able to unlock the ...

A private message via Twitter works too.

Otherwise you will need to call in, but call wait times seems excessively long based on the posts I have been reading the last couple of days
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Seema wrote:

I'm not cancelling the account. I just thought I had to pay off the tab to be able to unlock the ...

And twitter is nowhere near as invasive with your info as Facebook and you get pestered less by notifications. You can register just for the purposes of customer support.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Seema wrote:

You dont even need to use your real name 
Just wanted to let you know that I contacted their customer service by phone (*611 I think), & after about a 10/15 min wait for a customer servive rep, he gave me the code to unlock my phone at no charge & apparently I don’t need to pay off my tab to do this. If I wanted to pay the tab on my current bill then it could have been done for a $10 fee, but I can just do this on-line & request to pay this on my next billing. I haven’t unlocked my phone yet but the process was pretty easy once you get a hold of someone (I called at 8:30pm on a Friday so maybe that helped).