Koodo Community

Community

How do I organize photos on my SD Card?

Userlevel 1
I have a Samsung S7 on the Koodo Network.
I had moved my Photos on my Camera to my SD Card in order to free up memory on my device.

The Photos on my SD Card are no longer in the Date order that they were taken.

How do I organize the Photos on my SD Card so they are in Chronological Order by Date?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you!

4 replies

Userlevel 6
@Ted Sims the photos should retain their file creation date when moving them to the memory card. If they don't, then they should still sort by file name (usually the camera has a numbering system for naming the image files once the photos are taken).
It's possible that your image viewer (gallery) displays the images in the wrong order. Can you try replicating this with a different image viewer?
Userlevel 1
Thank you for your reply.

I tried sorting the Photos on my SD Card by Name, Date, Time, and Size as well as Ascending and Descending Order, however the Photos still do not show in the Original ate Order that they were taken. 

My Display Preference is to have my Photos ordered by the Date that they were originally taken.

What different image viewer might I use?
Userlevel 6
Ted Sims wrote:

I tried sorting the Photos on my SD Card by Name, Date, Time, and Size...

There's a plethora of image viewers on Play Store, however I would recommend trying some ported ones floating around on XDA Developers forum (the ported ones would be ad-free).
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ted Sims wrote:

I tried sorting the Photos on my SD Card by Name, Date, Time, and Size...

Have you tried showing them in Google Photos?