Koodo Community

Community

Solved

How do I obtain a phone number to have service in Nova Scotia?

I have a Samsung galaxy II phone which I have paid the contract completely out and closed, I also had the phone unlocked to go to Europe. Now I am coming back to NS, how do I get a phone number for service with Koodo?

16 replies

Userlevel 2
Go to a Koodo Shop/Retailer and activate an account.
Ok, and I will get a phone number? I was reading on here not to cancel your contract with your provider, I must of read it wrong then. Thank you! That makes it easy. 🙂
Userlevel 2
Robyn wrote:

Ok, and I will get a phone number? I was reading on here not to cancel your contract with your p...

You mention that you've paid-out and closed your contract prior to leaving for Europe. That means you will have lost your previous number and probably won't be able to get it back. You only need to keep your contract or service with your provider open if you wish to move your number over to Koodo (or any other provider for that fact).
Userlevel 2
Robyn wrote:

Ok, and I will get a phone number? I was reading on here not to cancel your contract with your p...

If it's been within 90 days, the account can be reactivated with the same number.
Robyn wrote:

.......no it's past 90 days, almost 4 months now.
Robyn wrote:

....correct, I have no phone number at this point or contract.
Userlevel 2
Robyn wrote:

Then you need to go and get a new account activated at a shop/retailer.
Robyn wrote:

..........thank you for the info Myke.
Robyn wrote:

....and quasarito
Robyn wrote:

.......should I be asking for a particular plan? prepaid phone number? Does it matter? I know I looked at Koodo plans and was interested in the $60.00 Canada wide monthly plan.....I do not wish to lock into a plan at Bell for example unnecessarily.
Robyn wrote:

.....I should be able to sort this out at Bell, thanks for the advice. 🙂
Userlevel 1
If you are bringing an unlocked Bell phone over to Koodo in Nova Scotia on a monthly prepaid service not only will you get the 10% discount (forever) but you will even be on Bell's network (in Nova Scotia) with the exact same coverage area. Say what you might about Bell but they do have the best network in Nova Scotia and oddly they can't (actually won't) give you access to their network for the same price as Koodo does 🙂 I moved my phones a year ago and there is absolutely no difference in coverage or service except the better price from Koodo. Bell called me and asked how they could get me to come back as their customer and I simply told them just give me the same package at the same price I have with Koodo. They couldn't (their price for the same was almost twice the cost at the time). I have to say I love the Canada wide long distance and unlimited anytime minutes. While I am not a heavy user I like not having to think about how many minutes I have left or how much this call might cost me. I leave my data on most of the time (except when the battery is getting low), gets lots of emails throughout the day and never come close to using my data for the month. NOTE: If you still have the phone active on an account with Bell you have to give them 30 days notice or they will bill you for another 30 days of service you can't possibly use as the phone number is ported to Koodo. Kudos to Koodo!
Exactly Steve, word for word agree with you and thank you!
Excellent, excellent........thank you to all!
If you are in the Halifax, Metro area then I suggest you go to the Koodo shop in the Sunnyside Mall in Bedford. They will set you up quickly & they seem very knowledgeable. I have never had any such luck going to Future Shop, Walmart or any of the box store places, plus the fact you wait forever to get someone to notice you are alive & needing assistance.
Fantastic, I love saving time, and I like efficiency, I will do that.....I'll be home in two days! Thank you Cire!