Koodo Community

Community

Solved

how do i make sure my second phone has no data connection at all?

i dont want any data connection on my second phone

11 replies

Userlevel 7
You can ask koodo to block all of your data And u can turn data off on your phone as well
Thanks chad....I was trying to do it online....but I don't believe I succeeded
Userlevel 7
Dennis Graham wrote:

It's an add on I believe...I'll go check brb
Dennis Graham wrote:

I believe I turned the add on off...but koodo says it will still cost 5$ for 50 mb....but I want all internet access turned off on my second phone...all I need is talk and text on my sec phone.
Userlevel 7
Dennis Graham wrote:

I can't find it in my add one, i would suggest that you call koodo and explain that you're not finding what you need in self-serve and verify with them that the block is on for that number. Also be aware that if you block data you will not be able to send or receive MMS / Picture messages.
Userlevel 6
Dennis Graham wrote:

If data is turned off on his phone why would Dennis still need koodo to do it for him? And if suggestion is that there is still data leakage than companies making the phone should be responsible for it. Otherwise they shouldn't claim the phone does that.
Userlevel 7
Dennis Graham wrote:

Because I'm not sure it is off, so a simple call to confirm it never hurts and keeping the switch off now will ensure that no data is used accidentally.
Userlevel 6
Dennis Graham wrote:

I know what you mean...what I'm trying to figure out is the "mystery" around why one can't be sure it's off. 🙂 when I turn my car off it doesn't continue to run. I would have the same expectation from my phone when I turn data off in the settings. If it doesn't work that way why? And why are people continue to be misled believing it works the way it's advertised.:-)
Userlevel 7
Dennis Graham wrote:

If you turn the data switch off then it's off however it is super simple to accidentally enable data. Especially on an Android where there may be multiple locations that data can be tapped back on (notification bar drop down, mobile networks settings, some widgets). There's no misleading here only unsureness (if that's a word) I can't be sure it's off because I don't have access to Denis's phone or self serve account. And since I can't see the setting in my own self serve I recommend he call in to be sure
Userlevel 6
Dennis Graham wrote:

Ok, then that's bad design by Android. 🙂 The light in my room is controlled by a single switch. Simple. No confusion, no "unsureness".
Userlevel 7
Dennis Graham wrote:

What phone do you normally use Chris?