Koodo Community

Community

How do i know if my KOODO phone is locked and if it is , how do i unlock it?

I have an HTC from Koodo.  I am going to be traveling in New Zealand so need it to be unlocked.  How do i know if it is locked?  How do I unlock it?

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You need to insert another SIM card in it to see if it's unlocked. If it works then you're good. If not you need to buy an unlock code on eBay or call Koodo
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Since you mentioned an android it'll be cheaper to get it from eBay. Also you said you got it from Koodo so unless you unlocked it yourself it'll probably be locked but otherwise as Robert said.
Userlevel 6
I got the unlock code for a Koodo-locked HTC for a twoonie on eBay. Definitely the cheapest option.
If you're travelling to New Zealand before December 1st, buy the unlock code on eBay. If you're travelling after December 1st, get the code free from Koodo on December 1st.
Bon voyage!
Thanks for the info.  One follow-up question:  on Ebay the unlock codes range from $2 to $20.    Any reason not to go for the least expensive one if the seller has positive reviews?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Judy Falussy wrote:

Thanks for the info.  One follow-up question:  on Ebay the unlock codes range from $2 t...

None at all. Put $18 in your pocket.
Judy Falussy wrote:

Thanks for the info.  One follow-up question:  on Ebay the unlock codes range from $2 t...

:)

Heads up, I called to unlock my iPhone cause I'm buying the new one and wants to sell my old one and had to pay $50 to unlock it. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yuan Zuo wrote:

Heads up, I called to unlock my iPhone cause I'm buying the new one and wants to sell my old one ...

Yes and that's the cheapest for iPhone. Once December 1 comes though it will not cost anything.
Yuan Zuo wrote:

Heads up, I called to unlock my iPhone cause I'm buying the new one and wants to sell my old one ...

Thanks for letting me know!