Koodo Community

Community

Solved

how do i fix unfortunately the process com.android.systemui has stopped on my samsung galaxy s3

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Bonnie, it seems like there are two ways to approach fixing this issue. 
1. Wiping the cache partition > here's a good tutorial I found for doing that https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTWb1rJK7Vw 

2. Uninstalling google updates
Settings>application manager>google app> press uninstall updates

Hope that helps 🙂
Daniel Kim wrote:

1. Wiping the ca...

Option 2 worked for me. many thanks.
Daniel Kim wrote:

1. Wiping the ca...

Option 2 worked for me too. Thank you very much Daniel Kim!

Daniel Kim wrote:

1. Wiping the ca...

Proposal 2 could solved my tablet Note 8.0 trouble.Thanks a lot guy. 
Userlevel 7
If that fails you can also do a factory reset. It's one of the options in the same menu system as wiping the cache partition.
Chad Burr wrote:

If that fails you can also do a factory reset. It's one of the options in the same menu system as...

Have the same problem. A factory reset works for about 5 minutes but as the default applications are updated, the error comes back. There are a number of posts from galaxy s3 owners who have had this problem surface in the last couple of days, and no fix will work. One of the default applications which automatically updates causea this problem and will have to be fixed by Google./Samsung fixing the relevant application. Hope this clarifies the situation. Regards ChasR
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

If that fails you can also do a factory reset. It's one of the options in the same menu system as...

If that's the case you may want to consider rooting the device and installing an alternative firmware. You can search Google for more advice about rooting and flashing.
Chad Burr wrote:

Uninstalling google app has fixed my issue as suggested by theandroidportal.
No need of factory reset.
Chad Burr wrote:

You may need to remove sim and Clear the Cache and Data of the SIM Toolkit.
I found the solution at this website

https://www.thetruebox.com/how-to-solve-unfortunately-the-process-com-android-phone-has-stopped-issue/

Userlevel 6
my best suggestion is to stop by your nearest Koodo retailer and upgrade to a newer phone.
hope that helps!
Jru Gordon wrote:

my best suggestion is to stop by your nearest Koodo retailer and upgrade to a newer phone.
hope t...

It us the Google app which is the problem. If you uninstall the updates to this app everything thing works again. However the app will automatically update again in the background and the error occurs again. I have disabled this for now and will keep you informed. ChasR
Uninstalling the Google App update worked for me so far. I also went into Google Play Store and stopped all auto updates...just need this phone to work for a few more months! Thanks everyone for the good advice.
Myndy Machan wrote:

Uninstalling the Google App update worked for me so far. I also went into Google Play Store and s...

Also for me worked!!1 Thanks