Koodo Community

Community

Solved

.how do I delete any down loads ony galixy s 3that I do not want

On the galixy s 3 phone how do I delete down loads

16 replies

.Help me to delete down lorads
Badge +4
If you want to delete downloaded apps, go to Settings > Application manager (it may be called Applications), swipe to the left until you see the ALL tab. Tap on the app you want to delete and select Uninstall.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
rikkster wrote:

If you want to delete downloaded apps, go to Settings > Application manager (it may be called App...

No need to swipe left to the all section after entering the app manager in settings as any apps that can be removed will be in the download section that first appears upon entering the app manager.
Badge +4
rikkster wrote:

If you want to delete downloaded apps, go to Settings > Application manager (it may be called App...

Not exactly. In the downloaded section, I'm showing a history of system apps that have recently been updated, so that would count towards a download and the downloaded section changes as apps are updated. There are very few user apps that show up in that area. The ALL area shows all apps installed on the device.
Userlevel 1
rikkster wrote:

What's with the App Deletes?
Donna specified 'DOWNLOADS' 'ANY DOWNLOADS'
Badge +4
rikkster wrote:

I'm not ruling Paul's method out. I'm not seeing a complete list of all user apps under Downloads, which is why I suggested going to the ALL tab. If the app appears under the Download tab, delete it. Whether you perform the action under the Downloads or ALL tab, both methods yield identical results. Also, Donna tagged apps.
Userlevel 1
rikkster wrote:

As she never mentioned Apps, I took it as 'downloads' specific, as in example: mms pic, PDF cell manual and so on. Not Apps. So on the flip side if she in fact wanted to delete EVERYTHING she could just do a factory reset, if she intending the phone to someone else. Correct?
Userlevel 7
rikkster wrote:

yes you are correct moto g, if she wanted to delete absolutely everything on her phone and have it restored to factory settings a factory reset would work. Although i recommend she backs up her content on her google account before doing this if that is what she is planning to do.
Userlevel 1
rikkster wrote:

It leaves a lot, open to interpretation when questions are not specific...lol
Badge +4
rikkster wrote:

Donna tagged apps. As well as Android, uninstall, remove and delete. It doesn't get any clearer than that.
Userlevel 1
rikkster wrote:

Phones Android TAG is all I see. Are you on new site or old site?
Userlevel 1
rikkster wrote:

This was clear to me.
Badge +4
rikkster wrote:

I'm on the 'old' site. Looks like they have a little more work to do on that site yet.
Userlevel 1
rikkster wrote:

I like the layout, seems more user friendly and like removal of the old 'view more' box. I did notice that after 5 minutes, my screen shot was still uploading, so I cancelled. Like you said couple fixes here and there, good to go. As Mobile Master, what do you think?
Badge +4
rikkster wrote:

I think the new site should include the ability to add tags.
If Donna is actually referring to deleting things she's downloads (not apps), then the FIle Manager would be the way to go. Alternatively, I typically suggest ASTRO File Manager https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.metago.astro