Koodo Community

Community

Solved

How do I delete an app I don't want or use?

The phone I have is a Samsung Galaxy Ace 2X.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Go to Settings, Application Manager, select the app you want to get rid off and click "Uninstall". You can also go to the Play store, click My Apps, select the app and click "Uninstall". On most phones you can even just drag the app to the recycle bin in your app drawer, not sure if that works with the Ace 2X.
Badge +4
Just to add to Sophia's first suggestion, select the ALL tab (far right) so that you see the complete list of apps on the Ace 2x. By default, the Application manager goes to the Downloaded tab area which shows a limited number of apps recently downloaded/updated and may not show the app you're trying to delete.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Factory installed apps also cannot typically be removed without either rooting the phone or installing a custom OS.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If it is a factory installed app that is uninstallable it can be disabled however by doing what Rikkster suggested but instead of deleting like in Sophia's suggestion just hit force close - clear data - uninstallable updates - disable & then it won't take any RAM or show in your app drawer after that, until enabled again. It will take the same amount of the internal storage as when you first got the phone before updating that app obviously. *careful not to disable an app that the phone needs to run properly or for other apps to run*
Thanks everyone. One of the factory-installed apps was Flipboard. I've disabled it but hopefully it won't affect any other apps or the phone! Thanks again.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
S Dyal wrote:

Thanks everyone. One of the factory-installed apps was Flipboard. I've disabled it but hopefully ...

No worries deleting or disabling flip board won't affect any other things with the phone. Really surprised flip board is one of the apps you disabled it's actually my favorite app, it's a great news app