Koodo Community

Community

Solved

How do I create Self Serve account?

I just signed up with Koodo; bought a new phone on a small tab.
I opted to port my existing number.
I got the phone with sim card just now. Pamphlet in the box says I have to create a Self Serve account to activate the sim card. koodomobile.com/selfserve
But when I go there, there's no option to create an account.
I've searched koodo help page and it says that I should receive an email with a self serve account creation link. I never received such email. Only email I received was phone order confirmation and tracking number for the package.

20 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Looks like adblock was hiding that button. I entered my detail but now am stuck at koodo account number.
I tried entering the Customer No. from the invoice, didn't work. Tried entering HFO# (order number?) that didn't work either and the page is telling me to call 1-866-995-6636 but I've been on hold on that number for 59 minutes and counting..
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The account number would be the customer number. It should be 8 digits in length.
Yes it's 8 digits long.
I get this message:
"The account number you entered does not match our records. Please try again."
and when I go back to koodomobile.com/selfserve I get this message:

"You're still waiting to be approved
Looks like this account has already been linked to another email address. You're still waiting for permission from the owner of that email address. We'll email you once you're approved."

What does that mean? What another email?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
moon jo wrote:

"You're still waiting to be ...

Hold on...that message is typically when there is already someone else on the account or an email was attached already. Did you have an account with Koodo and was just upgrading your phone? Just send us a private message on Facebook ad we'll help out. Lots of inquiries today so we may only be able to reply tomorrow, but we will definitely help.
moon jo wrote:

Never had koodo account.
I don't use facebook. Why does it have to be facebook message?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
moon jo wrote:

You can also send a direct message via twitter. Your other option is spending hours waiting on hold to talk to someone on the phone.
moon jo wrote:

I do have a twitter account @seanmk2
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
moon jo wrote:

There you go then.
moon jo wrote:

So to whom do I send the message? Or do I wait for message from one of you guys?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
moon jo wrote:

http://bfy.tw/FDjB
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
moon jo wrote:

I think I might know what the problem is. You already have a self serve account, but we have tied to your other gmail account. The one with your name in it. You logged in with that a few months ago. Try that as that one should be working. 
moon jo wrote:

I do not have an account. I never had Koodo service; I've been with fido all my life.
And from what I've seen, you can't create Self Serve account without signing up for service first.
I think it's a bug due to koodo account number being rejected when I was trying to register for self serve while ago.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
moon jo wrote:

Hmmm...okay. If you sent the FB message we can validate your account and take a closer look. 
OK.
I can't believe the comments under this thread. Does the SIM Card even work?

Here are the first 5 emails that you are supposed to receive for your first order from Koodo.
"Online purchases indeed need to be registered separately." = no.
The "Almost there!..." one contains the same link as "When you buy a phone in a store that is when an email link is sent." And you receive the "Hooray!..." email when you use that link.

If you did not receive the 3rd and 4th emails from the bottom, then your SIM Card is not even active. You need to wait for the Web Store to activate your SIM Card, which I bet is going to take a long time because of the Bright Friday fiasco.
Like I said above, I only received 2 emails from Koodo; order confirmation, tracking. I'll wait for the other emails before trying again.

* Is sim card activation linked to the account number? Because I can't create self serve account with my account/customer number.
moon jo wrote:

Like I said above, I only received 2 emails from Koodo; order confirmation, tracking. I'll wait f...

What is your answer to the question "Does the SIM Card even work?"

Until you receive that Activation Confirmation email, you don't have an account or an account number. The Web Store is supposed to activate your SIM Card, which will create your account, on the day of delivery. Activation is delayed when they receive too many orders and can't even keep the website up and running.
moon jo wrote:

Like I said above, I only received 2 emails from Koodo; order confirmation, tracking. I'll wait f...

How would I be able to tell if sim is working if it's not activated?
Phone was showing missing sim icon when I first turned it on and did updates.
It's showing zero signal strength icon after I inserted the sim.

Here are some fields from the sim status.

sim status: unknown
mobile network type: unknown
mobile network state: disconnected

moon jo wrote:

No service = not activated = not working
Now you need to wait for the Web Store to activate it.