Koodo Community

Community

Solved

HOW DO I CHANGE MY SIM CARD?

I want to change my sim card but keep the same number.. when I enter the sim card number it says invalid or already in use, but its brand new. What do I do?

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Try putting it in the phone and seeing if it works.
it says unregistered sim
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Try manually searching for networks. What does the phone say when you try to connect to koodo?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Is your new sim card a Koodo sim card?
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Where did you get the new sim card? If you want to change your SIM all you have to do is visit the Koodo shop, they will sell you a new SIM and at the same time will swap it on the system, so when you insert it on the phone, everything should work with the same NUMBER!
Chad Burr Is your new sim card a Koodo sim card? >>>>>>>>>>> only if it is on the same network you can able to use it in your phone.. to have the some number you need PAC(port authorization code) from the network.. And if it is other carrier ,you need to unlock your phone from any commercial vendors online like http://www.unlocking4u.com so that you can access other carriers
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
crazy wrote:

Chad Burr Is your new sim card a Koodo sim card? >>>>>>>>>>> only if it is on the same n...

Hey crazy, while it's great you want to help out, it's kinda frowned upon to dredge up a 4month old thread to post an ad, when posting please check to see that the question your answering hasn't already been marked as answered. Thanks.
crazy wrote:

Chad Burr Is your new sim card a Koodo sim card? >>>>>>>>>>> only if it is on the same n...

really sorry for that Chad... i am newbie here didn't check that