Koodo Community

Community

Solved

how do I buy an Online Only phone when your website is broken?

After a full day of website freezing, giving 504 errors, 502 errors, nginix errors, and timing out without submitting the information entered in a form, your website now will not accept orders at all. Instead of "Add to Cart" buttons, everything says "Find Nearest Store". Not very helpful for "Online Only" phone offers. How can I place my order?

19 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I just tried to add 2 minutes ago, it seemed to work at the time.
The traffic was too much for Koodo server, I guess.
Dinh wrote:

I just tried to add 2 minutes ago, it seemed to work at the time.
The traffic was too much for K...

It's not working since 2am
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello there

Due to the overwhelming demand from the Bright Friday promotions, the Koodo Website is currently experiencing a hard time.

Thanks for your patience as Koodo works through this.
Robert wrote:

Hello there

Due to the overwhelming demand from the Bright Friday promotions, the Koodo Website ...

How about a notice that you are extending any deals!  Rogers, Telus [who owns you] Bell and Virgin are really happy though!  

Robert wrote:

Hello there

Due to the overwhelming demand from the Bright Friday promotions, the Koodo Website ...

I need assistance, not corporate double-talk that says nothing and helps not at all.
Robert wrote:

Hello there

Having the same issues Ian.  Unhelpful comments and non-caring attitudes from people are very frustrating.
Robert wrote:

Hello there

When do your Bright Friday deals end on phones? I went to the store today since your website is down and the Customer Rep. told me the sales end today.

For some reason, the promo was different in-store and I would've had to pay an extra $20 for the phone plus $30 store service fee??
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Hello there

Which store did you attend?  Koodo Bright Friday deals extend until November 27.

Hi There - I am trying to order a phone online and I cannot ... the system will not progress ... called customer support, 45-minutes later got told to go to the store ... went to the store ...  got told they could not help me and that I had to call customer support back ... Yikes - I just want to order a new phone on my existing line folks ....please direct me to where I can get some actual help - Please!
John R. Lee McLeod wrote:

Hi There - I am trying to order a phone online and I cannot ... the system will not progress ... ...

It can only be done through the website which is currently convulsing on the floor. (I am in the same boat you are)

Hi There - I am trying to order a phone online and I cannot ... the system will not progress ... ...

Understood - but you would think that Koodo would have put a backup in place through customer service by now ... this has been ongoing since yesterday ... still not resolved...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Inventive description, Clayton!
You could try at a time when fewer folk are trying to make a purchase, either later in the weekend, or during the midst of a sleepless night.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@John, Customer service is also overwhelmed just now. Not sure transferring online purchase requests to CSR would be helpful.
Userlevel 2

Koodo really didn’t plan very well for this.

I have been trying to order an online only phone since yesterday and I doubt I will try again until tomorrow because I am working evenings tonight(super frustrating). Just one question! Will the deals on the phones be available tomorrow? Or is it today only?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Which phone is it? Best buys do have the Essential Phone available for Koodo although a lot of stores are out of stock. Authorized dealers have the as well. I'm not sure if other online only are the same right now or not. You have until Monday.
The site is up now, I just completed my online order
Well be mindful of what your buying... Koodo seems to be doing the old bait and switch... taken today...

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
jason zijlstre wrote:

Well be mindful of what your buying... Koodo seems to be doing the old bait and switch... taken t...

There is no need to port the same thing more than once.