Koodo Community

Community

Solved

How do I block a specific phone number from calling or texting me?

How do I block a specific phone number from calling or texting me?

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Depending on your phone, you should be able to do that on your phone app. If not, you will need a 3rd party app
Userlevel 7
I think saying that it's possible without elaborating is just as helpful as not replying at all. OP probably already knows he can but wants to know how. I'll elaborate on what Dennis said. If you go into a text message with that number, or look them up through your call logs, hit then menu/options button (or it might be 3 dots in the corner of your screen) on your android and a menu should come up that has an option that says "Add to reject list". Click that.
Ahmad wrote:

I think saying that it's possible without elaborating is just as helpful as not replying at all. ...

Thanks Ahmad.  On a Samsung S3, you access the "Add to reject list" by pushing on the button at the very bottom left of your screen, from within the specific number within either the call log or your contact list.  This button is often "invisible", i.e. does not have a symbol regularly showing up.  When the symbol does show, it's like 2 lines with a box over top of it, but no closed line on the bottom of the box
Ahmad wrote:

I think saying that it's possible without elaborating is just as helpful as not replying at all. ...

However, now that I've figured out how to reject a call, it still goes to my voicemail, and I don't want this person to even be able to leave me messages.  So do I stop a number from being able to leave me a voice message?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ahmad wrote:

You simply cannot unless the carrier supports a block list.
Userlevel 6
Ahmad wrote:

Hey Scott, You can download an app called Mr. Number Call Blocker, it will give you an option so they can’t leave a voicemail and the call will just fail. I also use this app to warn me if the caller has been reported fraud or scammer.
No dice so far, but thanks for replying. If I click on a number through my call log all the menu (or three dots) gives me is the option to Place On Home Screen. I have even tried going into the android default Messaging App but all it gives me are options for Messaging, not the contact/number themselves.
Userlevel 7
Jason Doerksen wrote:

No dice so far, but thanks for replying. If I click on a number through my call log all the menu...

If you let me know which phone you have and what version of android you're on, I can tell you exactly what to do. To find the version of android you're on, go into settings -> about.
Moto G. Android version 5.0.2
Userlevel 7
Jason Doerksen wrote:

Try going into your call log and long-pressing on the phone number and see if an option comes up to "add to reject list". Also, when you're in the messaging app and you go into the conversation with that number, pressing the 3 dots doesn't pull up the option to also "add to reject list"? The last thing is it may only be possible to black the calls and not texts, at which point: add the person as a contact if you haven't already, go into their contact card and press the 3 dots, there should be an option "all calls to voicemail". It's really frustrating with android becomes they are never consistent when it comes to settings across different phones.
Jason Doerksen wrote:

I have a moto G and I blocked their call by the "all calls to voicemail" but they won't stop texting me and I can't figure anything out. there's no "block" or "add to reject list" and ive tried everything. anyone ? I'd appreciate it much. thanks. xx
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jason Doerksen wrote:

Have you tried the number block app?
Jason Doerksen wrote:

hellooo i have moto g 4.4.2  and dont  do apps    where do I put number to block as three dots dont give me add to voice mail option thanks  🙂
Jason Doerksen wrote:

i have to  add to contacts first mmmmmm  then gets options thanks gaidheal haha
Jason Doerksen wrote:

Of course, there are so many smartphones on Android that it is simply impossible to tell how the incoming calls are blocked on each of them individually. You can use the built-in Android tools and third-party applications to block unwanted calls and SMS. Both options are easy to use and require several minutes of free time. For which method to give preference to is the user’s choice.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jason Doerksen wrote:

Spam?  On a 2 year old reply
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jason Doerksen wrote:

Grasping at some straws here.