Koodo Community

Community

Solved

how come my locked kodoo phone is using data even though im on wifi in the uk ? I have removed my sim card but my data is running up?

sim card removed but data is still counting on wifi ?

29 replies

Userlevel 7
Where are you seeing your data count going up?
I have a Samsung galaxy note 2, and I see it counting up on..settings>network connections>data usage button. Everytime I open a app I monitor it and I see the usage moving.. Im also in airplane mode. ive been here in Scotland since may 15th on wifi w the exception of using google maps for about 20 mins to get directions. And ive used 896 MB so far ...ive never seen it go up while being on wifi
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It shouldn't go up. That's strange! Do you see it going up on self serve also?
Userlevel 7
If the sim is out its impossible to use network data. Your counter is probably counting wifi. The note 2 isn't exactly a bug free device.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
From the data usage screen, tap the menu button and see if there is an option to include WiFi usage.
Robert, no I don't see it going up on self serve..last time it showed 155 mb used as of may 14th, the day before I flew out.
chad, I removed the sim at 6 am Scotland time may 18th. other than that I was on wifi connection from may 15th 10 am to may 18th at 6 w the sim in and no airplane mode set. I really do hope it is counting wifi usage
timo , you mean disable auto sync?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Archie Cardle wrote:

No, I mean what options show up when you press the menu button on the data usage page. There at least used to be an option to include wifi usage. If there is, make sure it's turned off.
Archie Cardle wrote:

auto sync data w a checkbox or one that says mobile hotspots
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Settings=>Data Usage leads to page with either Mobile or WiFi choices at top of page, as well as choice for data usage cycle. Hit the = (settings) button at the bottom left to reveal 4 check boxes. Activate Restrict background... will stop some apps and services from working unless device is connected to a wifi network.
BobTheElectrician wrote:

Settings=>Data Usage leads to page with either Mobile or WiFi choices at top of page, as well as ...

I don't see 4 choices..only 2..auto sync data and mobile hotspots
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
BobTheElectrician wrote:

Settings=>Data Usage leads to page with either Mobile or WiFi choices at top of page, as well as ...

My Galaxy does not show Cellular data or Wi-Fi data choices at the top of the page if the SIM is removed, there is no indication at all, so I assume the data showing the graph must be Wi-Fi only.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

this is what i see
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
That was what I saw before I inserted my SIM and restarted my phone. Once I restarted I found the option to 'Show Wi-Fi Data' under the more button (missing on your screenshot; maybe the Settings gear?)

So far, just about all my data is Wi-Fi.
ive tried everything, cant find this "show wi fi data" at all ..i had a iphone over here last year w no sim, i had no problem w wifi
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I doubt you're going to receive bill shock, as you have removed the SIM. It is funny you don't have a 'More' option showing on your screen, though.