Koodo Community

Community

Solved

How can I update my Andriod phone from 4.1 to 4.3 ?

Every time I select "Check Now" in the System update, it says that my phone is up to date. I assume that I should be able to update to 4.3, no?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Depends on what phone you have.
I have a Nexus S phone
Userlevel 7
4.1 was the last official update the nexus s will get

On 13 November 2012, it was announced that the Nexus S would not be updated to Android 4.2 Jelly Bean.[19] It's still supported by independent developers, though, and Android 4.2.2-based as well as 4.3-based alternative software can be installed.[20] .... Wikipedia

ok - so how do I update my phone? Should I take it to a Koodo centre in the mall? It is still running on 4.1 Thanks
Userlevel 7
Rick Hann wrote:

ok - so how do I update my phone? Should I take it to a Koodo centre in the mall? It is still r...

Since 4.1 is the last official update for the nexus s so you will probably have to root your phone to get 4.3. Rikkster or Chad will probably know how to do that.
Userlevel 7
Rick Hann wrote:

ok - so how do I update my phone? Should I take it to a Koodo centre in the mall? It is still r...

I suggest you check out the xda forums on the Internet. All of the information you'd need (and the warnings / consequences) are located there. What you wish to do requires rooting your device and installing custom firmware like Cyanogenmod or Paranoid Android. There are no other updates coming from official (Koodo / Samsung) channels.
Thanks for the feedback - good suggestions and warnings too !!