Koodo Community
Question

How can I send a text message that has a picture attached to it ?

I have simply tried to do it, but it failed. Then, I searched on the web site and found nothing that would explain me. Maybe, I don't know where to look for...

18 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You need to enable 3g data on your phone and make sure it isn't blocked on your account.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you dont have a data plan, watchout for Data Leakage from background apps that might use data if you are turning data on.
If you dont have a data plan, watchout for Data Leakage from background apps that might use data ...Sorry Dennis .....i did not catch your answer, i mean what Data Leakage has to do with sending a picture message ?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you dont have a data plan, watchout for Data Leakage from background apps that might use data ...Data has to be turned on to enable MMS. Once data is on, with most smartphones there is a bit of data leakage no matter how off all your apps seem to be. Example on the iphone if you have the weather on the notification drop-down, it will automaically be updated. Unless you remove it from the notification center... which is a pain to do everytime
As I am slightly below the beginner level, can any of you tell me how I enable 3g data on my phone? I know all phones are different, but there must be a common area for this in the "settings" island (yes, I realy DO see me phone as an ocean, the obscur ocean of the inpenetrable...) :S
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
As I am slightly below the beginner level, can any of you tell me how I enable 3g data on my phon...It's generally similar on phones with the same operating system. What type of phone are you using? Iphone? Android? Blackberry?
As I am slightly below the beginner level, can any of you tell me how I enable 3g data on my phon...Android
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
As I am slightly below the beginner level, can any of you tell me how I enable 3g data on my phon...Settings->wireless and networks->mobile networks, checkmark next to use packet data, mobile data or data enable (same box, different labels) On a later version of android Settings->mores settings->mobile networks, same checkbox as above.
As I am slightly below the beginner level, can any of you tell me how I enable 3g data on my phon...Ok, done. And still can't send a picture within a text message. Should I wait some time before I try?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
As I am slightly below the beginner level, can any of you tell me how I enable 3g data on my phon...Can you access the internet when you are not connected to wifi?
As I am slightly below the beginner level, can any of you tell me how I enable 3g data on my phon...No, I can't. Bit I ma connected to wifi right now...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
As I am slightly below the beginner level, can any of you tell me how I enable 3g data on my phon...If you haven't tested it since you enabled the data, turn off wifi and try opening a web page. If it still won't load then either there is a data block on the account or there's something else blocking things. At this point, the quickest solution is likely to call tech support since they can actually see what's going on at the account level.
Userlevel 1
As I am slightly below the beginner level, can any of you tell me how I enable 3g data on my phon...You should have MMS added to your account (unlimited SMS/MMS), turn Data on, go Messaging/create new message, click on Tab menu, click attach picture, select picture, click send.
As I am slightly below the beginner level, can any of you tell me how I enable 3g data on my phon...Ok, I'll do that. Thank you for your time. 🙂
I am having the same problem. I want to use the pay per use data add on...and I have turned on mobile data and turned off the wifi but I still cannot connect to the internet or send or receive sms. Please help!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I am having the same problem. I want to use the pay per use data add on...and I have turned on mo...What phone do you have? Are you sure there is no data block on your account? It would be listed in the add ons section of your self serve account.
I am having the same problem. I want to use the pay per use data add on...and I have turned on mo...Okay! Data block is ON. Thank you!! It is safe to turn it off and just enable the mobile data when I want to use it....I wont end up running up a huge tab unknowingly?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I am having the same problem. I want to use the pay per use data add on...and I have turned on mo...Depends on your definition of a huge bill. With the pay per use data saver usage between 300 mb and 1 gb will cost $20 an usage between 1 and 3 gb will cost $30 (total). I've never gone over 1 gb in a month myself.