Koodo Community

Community

Solved

How can i reset my data?

I just got a new phone but kept the same plan, but my apps didn't get changed over to updating only when I have Wi-Fi. Now I've had my entire 2Gb of data used, even though my billing cycle just reset. My data is still turned off, and I feel like I got cheated out of almost a whole gb of data now. I need my data outside of Wi-Fi for work and now I don't have any at all. What can I do?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I had the same thing happen and nothing was done. It is our duty to be informed on how our devices use data. I don't think calling in to ask will help but you can always try.
Yeah when the guy at the kiosk set my phone up, they did it last time and turned it so they didn't update apps until I had wifi, but within a few days My data was totally gone and I couldn't figure it out. I'll try calling them though. Because I'm on a new billing cycle starting today so I don't get why my data hasn't reset.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Kaylene Marquette wrote:

Yeah when the guy at the kiosk set my phone up, they did it last time and turned it so they didn'...

Could b not yet showing th update or it will roll over a midnight. If a customer service rep doesn't throw you a bone then I guess download opera max and use as little a you can at the overage rate for your plan.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Kaylene Marquette wrote:

Yeah when the guy at the kiosk set my phone up, they did it last time and turned it so they didn'...

When it shows that there is 0 days available, it means that the data will reset on that specific day at midnight.
Userlevel 7
This is strange since my setting for that has always remained on update on WiFi only. I believe your options should be saved to your Google account so when you switch phones, it follows you. However, if the Koodo rep changed this setting on your new phone when setting it up I would actually hold them responsible.