Koodo Community

Community

Solved

How can I have my Moto G phone to display a notification for when I have a voice mail messages?

There is a little light that flashes on the phone to tell me that I got a text message but how do I know if I have any voice messages waiting for me to check? Some phones as you as you turn it on, display a message saying "2 New messages" etc etc. Does the Moto G have a setting like this?

5 replies

Badge +4
You will need to enable a lock screen first. To do this, go to Settings > Security - and tap Screen lock. Here you have six options, if you don't want to use a password, select Slide. Missed call and voicemail message notifications will now be displayed on your lock screen. You can also assign a sound to notify you of when a voicemail message is received. Tap the Phone icon, in the far right corner you'll see an icon with three small grey dots (squares), tap that icon and select Settings, then select Voicemail. Select Sound > Media Storage and choose which sound you want to hear when a voicemail message arrives.
rikkster wrote:

You will need to enable a lock screen first. To do this, go to Settings > Security - and tap Scre...

Wow! Thanks. I will give this a try.
Userlevel 7
Or grab light flow from the app store and let it handle all.of your lighting. You can customize many of the notification options for everything. Personally I turn off all of my notification sounds and lights at the app level and allow light flow to handle all of it. A trick I learned from fellow MM John Burke. On the Moto G you'll only get the white LED so don't try to change the color to anything but white. You can customize the blink speed so you can instantly see what the light is trying to tell you. No lock screen required Here's a link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rageconsulting.android.lightflow&hl=en Of you'd like a pop up notification of voice mails you can try an app like Missedit to create custom notification widgets or popup notifier free to place a popup on the screen for anything that creates a notification (including BBM people). Another trick from John Burke
Chad Burr wrote:

Or grab light flow from the app store and let it handle all.of your lighting. You can customize m...

This sounds cool but I don't have a data plan on my plan so not sure I can do this one.
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

Or grab light flow from the app store and let it handle all.of your lighting. You can customize m...

Doesn't have anything to do with data. You'll be able to get your internet-based app updates when you connect to WiFi.