Koodo Community

Community

Solved

How can I get the messages I missed while airplane mode was on?

I was away in the U.S. for 7 days and had my phone on airplane mode. When I came back today and turned airplane mode off I only received one text message (from Koodo) but nothing else. Is it possible any other messages or calls just didn't go through? Is there a way I can retrieve them? My sister who has an Iphone with Koodo got all of hers

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Hi Taylor!

When your phone is on Airplane Mode, it is not connected to the network and therefore your sim is not connected to the network either. So the calls people made to your phone were lost unless a message was left in your voicemail. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Daniel wrote:

Hi Taylor!

When your phone is on Airplane Mode, it is not connected to the network and therefore...

Surely that doesn't apply instantly to SMS? We've all had the experience of turning a phone back on and getting a flurry of texts and notifications.

I think Timo's answer is probably more accurate: messages are held for a certain limited time and then expire:

https://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/how-do-i-get-text-messages-that-were-sent-when-i-was-...

A quick Google check indicates that for many carriers, messages are held in queue for 5-7 days. But once they have expired, they are gone for good.