Koodo Community

Community

Solved

How can I check to see if my phone is unlocked?

Userlevel 1
I have a Galaxy S4, and I don't use it anymore, as I upgraded to a Galaxy S6! I want to sell my S4, but I don't know if my S4 is unlocked or not. I bought it from Koodo, but I've paid for it in full. How do I check to see if it is unlocked or not? Thank you in advance! 

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Normally unless you paid for an unlock code and used it it is safe to assume the phone is locked unless it's a Nexus device or The S4 (I had two come unlocked) Easiest way to tell is to insert a sim from another carrier other than Telus, koodo, or public mobile.
Userlevel 1
Chad Burr wrote:

Normally unless you paid for an unlock code and used it it is safe to assume the phone is locked ...

I don't have any other sim cards! There's no feature on the phone where I can check?
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

Normally unless you paid for an unlock code and used it it is safe to assume the phone is locked ...

Not really because the phone wasn't originally intended to be unlocked. Goto the mall or any of KOODO's competitors kiosks and ask them to try their sim in your phone.
Userlevel 1
Chad Burr wrote:

Thank you 🙂