Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Horrible Service!

I am so disappointed with Koodo. It's been 2 years since my I've been paying a tab balance however and it was supposed to end in June like my plan said however, I am still being charged $5.00 every month. I have asked Koodo over and over why this occurs and they prompt me to call in or go into their store which I have done several times. Horrible service due to a lack of communication on Koodo's part. If possible, can I please get some assistance on this issue. I have a positive tab balance and haven't been explained what that means yet either. 

11 replies

Badge +4
Hi Jagtar,

Is there an explanation/information regarding the $5 charge on page three of your .pdf bill? A screenshot of the bill and where the $5 charge appears, might help us figure where the charge is coming from. (Please leave out any information that personally identifies you). Official Koodo employees frequent this community often. You may be asked to provide further details via private message when they see this post.

Another option is to send a private message via Koodo's Facebook page.

A positive tab balance is essentially a credit that can be used toward the purchase of a new phone. A positive tab balance can reach a maximum of $150 dollars.
rikkster wrote:

Hi Jagtar,

Is there an explanation/information regarding the $5 charge on page three of your .pd...

And after the tab reaches $150 you still have to pay the $5 per month.  Koodo is defrauding thousands of customers this way and making millions of dollars out of this. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
rikkster wrote:

Hi Jagtar,

Is there an explanation/information regarding the $5 charge on page three of your .pd...

Uhhhmmmm......nope. Once you reach zero (paid back what you owe) there are no charges. 
rikkster wrote:

Hi Jagtar,

There are charges because your monthly payment stays the same as it is when you are paying off the phone.  If $5 is going to pay for your phone then that charge should be removed from your bill when the phone is paid for.  I was told by a Koodo Service Rep that, yes, the first extra payments up to $150 (or more depending on the cost of the phone you had purchased) can be applied to the next phone you buy but when that amount is reached the customer still has to pay the tab amount.  Sounds like fraud and theft to me!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
rikkster wrote:

Hi Jagtar,

If you have positive tab, that is yours to keep and indeed can be used towards the purchase of a new phone. Not sure where you see the fraud in that.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
rikkster wrote:

Hi Jagtar,

If you pay a separate tab charge, it will be removed as soon as your tab balance is no longer negative. If, however, your plan is old enough that you only receive the 10 or 15% contribution from koodo then you will continue paying the price of your plan, even when your positive tab is maxed out. There is nothing fraudulent about this, and it is, in fact, standard procedure for nearly every other provider.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@ Jagtar is your line ending with numbers 23? Did you get a text message letting you know about the credits on your next bill? As per Rikkster a positive tab balance can be use to towards buying a new phone.
And if you don't want to buy a new phone, then there should be no extra charges without your permission. Once your balance is zero, that's the end of payments, period. If you choose to get a new phone, you go to the store or call and get a new phone. THEN and ONLY then you start making tab payments again. This IS fraudulent to charge people just because they feel like it without their knowledge. You could end up leaving Koodo and not notice this money you have built up and they have your money.
And if you don't want to buy a new phone, then there should be no extra charges without your permission. Once your balance is zero, that's the end of payments, period. If you choose to get a new phone, you go to the store or call and get a new phone. THEN and ONLY then you start making tab payments again. This IS fraudulent to charge people just because they feel like it without their knowledge. You could end up leaving Koodo and not notice this money you have built up and they have your money.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Michelle wrote:

And if you don't want to buy a new phone, then there should be no extra charges without your perm...

Just like you mentioned Michelle, there are indeed no extra charges once you paid for your phone. Is there something you have seen that makes you think otherwise?
Badge +4
Well, pictures are worth a thousand words. Can someone post a screenshot of this $5 charge? Don't post personal info, just the details of the charge.