Koodo Community
Question

Horrible customer service.

• 8 February 2017
  • 4 replies

Horrible customer service. The guy I was talking to over the phone was very apologetic but did not resolve any of my issues. Been a customer with Koodo for years but seriously considering looking into other options! Tried to upgrade my phone and nothing but issues with the website, no one seems to understand the issue and now the promotion is over. Definitely will not be upgrading now and may not even be staying with koodo. Thanks for nothing.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Kathleen, that's a bummer. :(
What exactly was the error when you tried to upgrade your phone?
One of the reasons I manage all the telecommunications infrastructrure for my family. Hopefully my executor is understanding!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@ Kathleen, I think I see what the issue is. Your account has another person as the primary account holder, although your name is also on it. Because of the increased fraud concerns of online purchases our security features are not as relaxed as for paying the bill. That is why your Visa works for bill payments event though you are not the primary account holder. When you try to purchase a phone our system is looking for a match and could find one hence the order not going through. If your family member on the account were to order it with their credit card I'm quite sure it would go through no problem. Happy to extend the LG G5 offer though! 
I tried to upgrade my phone to the LGG5 because it was such an awesome deal, when I got to the shopping cart I put in my credit card information even though the total came to 0$. It asked me to confirm my shipping and billing address and that they were both the same, which they are. It then said something along the lines of "Whoops, there was a problem with your credit card, please try again later." Tried again with my visa debit and got the same problem. I went into the koodo kiosk in the mall and the guy there tried and got the same problem on my account. He told me to call the koodo customber service and they would be able to look into it for me. I waited on hold for an hour and a half. The man on the phone had me try to do the same thing 3 or 4 times, then tried to have me pay a bill with the same credit card on my account to see if it was accepted (which it was, with no problems). Then tried again and the same problem came up. He said he would look into it and give me a call back the next day. He did call back and said he would ask others for advice. He put me on hold for 15 mins and came back and kept asking me the same questions he had asked me before but had no solution. When I went to try the website again, the promotion was over and when I said this he said he couldnt help me with the promotions on the webite. He told me he would call me back and said he would look into the problem. When he called back again he had no solution and I told him I did not want to upgrade if I could not get the original promotion, he offer the LGG4, but I am not interested in that phone. I am not impressed with the koodo website and also not impressed with the lack of help I receive. My tab will be paid off soon and I will not be upgrading to stay on for another 2 years, such a waste of time with no results.
Userlevel 7