Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Hide Caller Number for outgoing calls

Hello, is there an option to hide my caller ID to the other party? How can I activate it and does it cost anything? Thank you

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Open the phone dialer and press your menu key/button. Go to more settings. The first option will be Caller ID. Switch it to "Hide my number". That should be it.
Jonathan I wrote:

Open the phone dialer and press your menu key/button. Go to more settings. The first option will ...

And does it come with the Koodo plan or it costs extra?
Userlevel 7
Jonathan I wrote:

Open the phone dialer and press your menu key/button. Go to more settings. The first option will ...

It doesn't affect your plan.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jonathan I wrote:

In others words, it's free!
Jonathan I wrote:

I have a same problem.  I want to hide/block my phone number but I can not.  I don't see  the option "Caller ID" in "more settings" tab.  Is there anything else I can do?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jonathan I wrote:

Which phone do you have?
 It could be in the Call --> Settings --> More --> Additional settings.
Jonathan I wrote:

I have galaxy s7 (verision/unlocked)
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jonathan I wrote:

I would go the Phone app --> Touch the 3 dot at the top right to access Menu --> Choose Settings -->  More Settings --> Show my caller ID --> choose Off (hide number)
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jonathan I wrote:

This is a good visual tutorial: https://videotron.tmtx.ca/en/topic/samsung_galaxys7edge/hiding_your_phone_number.html#step=5