Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Hi How can i uninstall comodo security off my smart phone ? , samsung s3The uninstall button is greyed out .

Hi How can i uninstall comodo security off my smart phone ? , samsung s3The uninstall button is greyed out .

25 replies

Userlevel 7
If it's greyed out then you cannot uninstall the app unless you have root access. EDIT: For the most part, any apps that aren't factory default will normally be able to be uninstalled right away but if Paul's right then I learned something new today. Hmm.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Try going into the phones settings menu - security - device administrators - then tap Como do mobile security and then deactivate. Now go to app manager in the settings menu and scroll down to comodo and tap it now the uninstall option should be usable. Let me know if this works. Thanks.
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

Try going into the phones settings menu - security - device administrators - then tap Como do mob...

Thanks mate.Its working.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jonathan I wrote:

If it's greyed out then you cannot uninstall the app unless you have root access. EDIT: For th...

Just tried uninstalling it from my N5 that I have it running on and that's the exact process I used so it should be right on the S3
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Try going into the phones settings menu - security - device administrators - then tap Como do mob...

Great to hear this thread is still helping people almost half a year later.
Jonathan I wrote:

If it's greyed out then you cannot uninstall the app unless you have root access. EDIT: For th...

it's work, thanks a lot!

u r great mobile master
Jonathan I wrote:

Thanxs

This worked for me. Thanks. Brian Bartlett
Jonathan I wrote:

Thanks for the help. I can't believe it was rated so highly from Android Authority. I now replaced that nonsense with AVAST.

Great. Finally, was able to get rid with the annoying Comodo.

Thank you so much!

First link I opened after searching for a solution on Google and it worked! Thank you so much! 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

NP Sarah that's great to hear this solution popped right up in the google search so we know it will help as many ppl as possible. Any more issues just come straight here and I'm sure we can help you out. Have a wonderful day.

thanks.
Userlevel 2
If the app was pre-installed by the manufacturer or carrier, it usually cannot be uninstalled.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
quasarito wrote:

If the app was pre-installed by the manufacturer or carrier, it usually cannot be uninstalled.

It's not pre-installed it's a 3rd party anti-virus app.
Userlevel 7
You may be able to disable it which would keep it from showing up or loading. See if there is a disable button
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chad Burr wrote:

You may be able to disable it which would keep it from showing up or loading. See if there is a ...

No there's not, it has to be deactivated within the security settings of the settings menu then the uninstall option will become available to be clicked on.
Ty so much Paul , that worked . I had a issue where people calling me for the first time , had their call sent to voice mail after one ring . Then after i was asked my comodo if i wanted to block the number . Even after i turned this feature off on comodo.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
canuck4 wrote:

Ty so much Paul , that worked . I had a issue where people calling me for the first time , had t...

It's a great anti-virus app maybe try reinstalling it and turning off the notification of potential junk calls right away and see if that solves the issue your having with it. It's set to on by default so turning it off as soon as you activate the app may solve the issue. If you try it again and it works let me know if you , thanks canuck4
Even if I disable it inside the the check mark is still there. Tried to activate the android device manager also ..still couldn't uninstall. the uninstall is greyed out. Note - Its a third party app available in android store and installs without root access.
Again I am also facing the issue where the call gets dropped automatically after one ring. even if I dont add the no. to the black list.
I have GSmart Gigabyte Roma R2 phone and can't uninstall it! There is button to deactivate, but it's not deactivated. How can I uninstall please?
Userlevel 5
Fitim Pisi wrote:

I have GSmart Gigabyte Roma R2 phone and can't uninstall it! There is button to deactivate, but i...

Hey Fitim,

Since this app is available on the Play Store, you should be able to uninstall it directly from the settings of your phone? Have you already tried? (Setting > Applications > Comodo Security or Antivirus & Mobile Security > Uninstall). Could you please tell us what do you see when you are trying to uninstall it?

Thanks